The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1972 -73 SPORT GAUGE CLUSTER CIRCUIT BOARD REMAKE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 -73 SPORT GAUGE CLUSTER CIRCUIT BOARD REMAKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2018 at 9:00PM
very nice work!!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2018 at 12:08PM
I AM WAITING, ON THESE CIRCUITS, I WILL START CONTACTING THOSE WHO REQUESTED THESE,
 I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET WITH AUTO Krafters and a fewotherss about Neill &THE MAGIC HE PERFORMS WITH THESE PCB s, ANDY 
GET IT GOT IT GONE !!!!!!!
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 3:13AM
.         Wink  VERY IMPORTANT EMAIL ADRESSES Clap

HEY GUYS , I AM GOING TO NEED EMAIL ADDRESS FOR EVERYONE THAT HAD ASKED TO BE ON THE LIST TO RECIEVE SPORT CIRCUITS , SO IF YOU CAN BE SO KIND TO EMAIL ME AT 
andrewok94@gmail.com

I have some of the NEILL  is going to send everyone a email with paypal  invoice 
 i have alist of everyone , this is important 
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 5:01AM
PM sent.
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 5:47AM
Originally posted by andrewok1 andrewok1 wrote:

.         Wink  VERY IMPORTANT EMAIL ADRESSES Clap

HEY GUYS , I AM GOING TO NEED EMAIL ADDRESS FOR EVERYONE THAT HAD ASKED TO BE ON THE LIST TO RECIEVE SPORT CIRCUITS , SO IF YOU CAN BE SO KIND TO EMAIL ME AT 
andrewok94@gmail.com

I have some of the NEILL  is going to send everyone a email with paypal  invoice 
 i have alist of everyone , this is important 
PM sent , I think you have mine
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
goliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 10:50AM
Emailed you with info :)
Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 10:47AM
SmileHELLO EVERYONE SPORT CIRCUITS ClapThumbs Up
NEILL HAS SENT OUT PAYPAL INVOICES TO THOSE WHO SENT ME @andrewok94@gmail.com THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU DID NOT SEND TO ME YOU MAY MISS OUT 
 please pay these invoices 
we have made 25  only of these , If you need time to get funds together please let me know 
I HAVE 7 OF THE 25 , SO PLEASE SPEAK UP NOW ,
 ANDY 352-237-7495
goliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 11:45AM
Done!
Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 2:52PM
thanks for your purchase Geary 
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2018 at 2:53AM
Sport Circuits 
we have 5 sport circuits available out of the 25 
IF YOU WANT ONE OF THEM SPEAK UP
 ANDY EMAIL @andrewok94@gmail.com or 352-237-7495 home phone 
jbach72gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbach72gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2018 at 5:28AM
Hi Andy

PM sent.

Jon
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2018 at 1:29PM
GOOD NEWS Thumbs Up
we have 5 circuits up for grabs as some of the Craiglist flunkies backed out 

Edited by andrewok1 - 09-June-2018 at 1:31PM
Timustbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Timustbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2018 at 12:48AM
Neill and Andy,
  Got mine in the mail yesterday and thank you.  The packaging alone (slipped in the piece of wood to firm up the package) was a testimony to the care you guys took in this project.  The quality of the PCB was phenomenal!  I laid them side by side and could see how well this one was made compared to the factory one.  I am absolutely confident that I will get at least 46 years out of this.  What it also did was confirm the last owner(s) did some wiring stuff and that my gauges are dead.  Oh well, one more thing to add to the punch list.  Thanks again guys, great job! 
Tim Northcutt
'72 Ford Gran Torino Sport (Pearl White)
'07 Jack Roush SC F-150 (red)
'02 HD Road King Classic (Luxury Blue and Diamond Ice)
NeillNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeillNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2018 at 1:01AM
Originally posted by Timustbe Timustbe wrote:

Neill and Andy,
  Got mine in the mail yesterday and thank you.  The packaging alone (slipped in the piece of wood to firm up the package) was a testimony to the care you guys took in this project.  The quality of the PCB was phenomenal!  I laid them side by side and could see how well this one was made compared to the factory one.  I am absolutely confident that I will get at least 46 years out of this.  What it also did was confirm the last owner(s) did some wiring stuff and that my gauges are dead.  Oh well, one more thing to add to the punch list.  Thanks again guys, great job! 

Thanks Tim! Responses like your's is what drives me to do this.  It is immensely satisfying knowing that I'm playing apart in keeping these great cars performing at their best.
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2018 at 1:19AM
TIM, 

thanks TIM for your feedback on the circuits and shipping /ANDY
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2018 at 8:24AM
HAY GUYS  OR LADYS , 
WHEN INSTALLING YOUR NEW CIRCUIT PLEASE MAKE SURE U CLEAN TERMINAL CONNECTIONS
I USED SOME 1500 GRIT SANDPAPER , ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE 90 DEGREE TERMINAL, ThIS WILL INSURE PROPER CONNECTIONS 

Image result for 1972 ranchero gt gauge cluster voltage regulator
FOLOW THESE DIRECTION TO CHECK instument Voltage Reulator
THE BASICS

Even though it probably doesn't seem like it to someone who's having problems with their fuel level gauge, these are actually very simple electrical devices. Understanding how they work makes it much easier to diagnose problems. Here's how the fuel gauge works:

The fuel gauge circuit consists of the sending unit in the fuel tank, the gauge in the dash, and the wiring and dash wiring (or circuit board) between them. As with most sensors, the tank sending unit is simply a variable resistor. Its function is to resist the flow of current from the ground to the gauge depending on the position of the float within the tank. The higher the fuel level, the higher the float raises, which decreases the resistance between gauge and ground. The more current that flows through the meter, the higher the gauge needle moves.

Fig. 5

The sending unit operates off a 5-volt pulse supplied by the instrument panel voltage regulator (IPVR, Fig. 5), so just running a 12V hot wire to the unit won't work, and in fact, will fry the sending unit. See Fig. 6 for the typical location on the backside of the instrument panel.

Fig. 6

Fig. 7 - '67-'69 vs. '70-'72 style regulator. The later style was for use with a printed circuit board. (click to enlarge)

You can test the IPVR without pulling the instrument cluster. Tilt the seat forward and pull off the orange wire from the fuel tank sending unit. When you probe the connector, your test light should flash on and off. You can also do the same test under the hood. Pull off the sender wire from the temperature sender and/or the oil pressure sender and probe those connectors...they should flash too.

Edited by andrewok1 - 10-June-2018 at 9:40AM
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2018 at 9:02AM
We have 6 Sport Circuits ,that are not spoken for get them on site  160 with shipping or ebay at 175.00
Bensport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2018 at 12:54PM
Sorry if this is redundant, or a dumb question, but I gather you are making and selling new circuit boards for the instrument cluster on 72-73 GTS? Are they all basically the same cause I had been looking at some used clusters and noticed some are a different lay out than mine. Perhaps it's just the guages are differently positioned. Will the circuit boards be the same ?
Ben

73 GTS Sport Roof
96 F350 7.3 Powerstroke/Chip
96 Bronco 5.8 Eddie B on 35's
95 Bronco 5.8 Eddie Bauer
06 Peterbilt 335
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2018 at 1:41PM
,Very good Question , they get abit confusing, 72-73 both use the same CIRCUIT ;ONtHIS SITE YOU WILL FIND ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE DIFFERENCES OF ALL CLUSTERS  (SPEEDOMETER UNITS ) 
 I HAVE A FEW CIRCUITS FOR SALE YET ,BUT GO THRU THE INFORMATION FIRST . 

andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2018 at 2:31PM
Hay ,guys we still have at least 5 1972-73 SPORT CIRCUITS AVAILABLE 
 we are offering them here for the original price -145.00 +15.00 for shipping, 
these will not be made again this is a once in a lifetime chance, 

ALSO the 1974-76 SPORT CIRCUITS  AND BASE MODEL CIRCUITS ,
we need more members or car owners to step up to confirm your need for these CIRCUITS 

I have put lots of time into getting A contact with a professional Circuit Maker  (NEILL )
it has been a pleasure to help make such odd cars such as ours, GRAN TORINO .TORINO SPORT TORINO FASTBACK ,RANCHERO , COUGAR ,ELITE ,Montego. 
Have what was once new !!!!! replaced 43  years later,- NEW CIRCUITS 
I Myself am amazed at the time that goes into makeing ,these circuits , and their is little profit for these , TIME , SHIPPING ,packaging & CONTACTING EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU THAT REQUESTED THESE 

Neill Bryce is a true car guy , and he has put a lot out of pocket to help everyone out., 
HIS GOAL IS THE SAME AS MOST EVERYONE ON THIS SITE TO ENJOY YOUR RIDE ,ANND BE PROUD TO SHOW IT , 
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK . AND CONTACT ME ANDY for future purchases 
Bensport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-July-2018 at 1:41PM
My guage cluster circuit board came in the mail today, thanks Andy...
WOW .. nice work. Haven't compared to original yet, but you can tell the time and expertise that went into this. Looking forward to this fall when I will install it.
Ben

73 GTS Sport Roof
96 F350 7.3 Powerstroke/Chip
96 Bronco 5.8 Eddie B on 35's
95 Bronco 5.8 Eddie Bauer
06 Peterbilt 335
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-July-2018 at 1:51PM
BEN , thanks for the good words ,
 Neill , Is the Circuit Wizard ,is work shows his true passion for keeping these Old Rides Rolling. 
 If you have any questions ,YOU can reach Neill or me anytime /Andy 

Edited by andrewok1 - 02-July-2018 at 1:52PM
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2018 at 2:57PM
anderwok1 wrote:
"You can test the IPVR without pulling the instrument cluster. Tilt the seat forward and pull off the orange wire from the fuel tank sending unit. When you probe the connector, your test light should flash on and off. You can also do the same test under the hood. Pull off the sender wire from the temperature sender and/or the oil pressure sender and probe those connectors...they should flash too."

Confused about why I have to tip my seat forward???

Edited by Big Bird - 03-July-2018 at 2:57PM
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2018 at 3:02PM
your the first to catch the seat forward joke , 
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2018 at 3:05PM
After posting that, I started to wonder if the instructions were lifted from a truck with the tank behind the seat.
Randy
1979 T-Bird
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-July-2018 at 10:49AM
i guess it could be taken that way , but I meant as a joke, 
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-July-2018 at 12:27PM
I'm good with it either way. Struck me as odd on first read, then thought about trucks with the tank in the cab...
Probably a necessary step for them.
Randy
1979 T-Bird
texanrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2018 at 1:26AM
If there is another batch of these that are going to be produced, put me down for one for a 1972 Montego GT.

Billy
1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2018 at 2:42AM
billy  email me @andrewok94@gmail.com last of the batch i have 1 1972 sport circuit , this the last, let me know your name is on it
 andy
texanrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2019 at 2:01AM
Neill did great work on this PCB, works like the original - plus combined with new LED's i can see now!
Thanks Andrew for hooking me up
Thank you Andrew, quality work and attention to detail

Billy
1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>