The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Ford Ranchero Factory A/C Evaporator Core

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueWest IMports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Ford Ranchero Factory A/C Evaporator Core
    Posted: 12-April-2017 at 1:15PM
G'Day forum members.
I am having my factory A/C stripped, checked and re-gassed with R134a. I'm in Australia and have no choice as to the refrigerant.
Everything seems to be OK except for one minor detail. The bloke who did some "work" on my car (another very LONG story) pulled the whole front end off and when he reassembled it, he put the a/c evaporator housing back on but didn't put the actual evaporator back.  He also left the majority of lines unplugged and open to the elements.
I was wondering if anyone could help me.
Do any of you have a photograph of the factory evaporator core that mounts to the firewall inside the engine bay and is covered by the black evaporator housing cover. Not the heater core installed inside the cabin under the dash?
Also, could someone give me the dimensions of the factory evaporator core?
I have the master Ford parts manual on my PC but for some reason I can't access it at the moment so I can't even look up the part number.
Perhaps someone has installed either a universal evaporator core or one from another year/model of Ford?
I look forward to any responses.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic