The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Section > eBay & Craigslist Listings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Torino Triple Black 4 Speed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 2:19PM
Wow. Happy and sad all in one thread.
72 GTS
-John
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 2:24PM
That is one nice car. Hutch will get his. We all do.

Welcome aboard. What year did the dealership close? Maybe start a thread and give us all the whole story?

To be brutally honest, I'd have grabbed it too.

Edited by handsofstone - 05-June-2018 at 2:27PM
72 GTS
-John
jhutch33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhutch33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 2:38PM
Thanks guys....I'm hoping I get one soon. Unfortunately it wasn't exactly accurate when they told you that you were at the bank when I called. The truth is that we had agreed to the deal a week prior. I was told that it was sold to me and that I just needed to wait until he got home from his trip to Texas. Unfortunately I never got the chance because he sold it out from under me. These things unfortunately happen. I'm not upset at you, but it was obvious to me that he had an offer that was higher than what he agreed to sell it to me for and let it go. I just wish he would have had the class to be honest and at least give me a chance to match the higher price or walk away. Anyhow, congrats on getting the car. It looks like a nice one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2018 at 9:22PM
Getting played is not a good feeling. Karma is a bitch so the guy will get his. I had to pay a grand over what we agreed upon on mine at the last minute. Only thing worse us having two parties trying to outbid each other for a car that is not worth the price. A penny more and I would have walked on mine.

You Hutch, have the class in this situation. Me, I would be bitter for a while.
72 GTS
-John
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 2:02AM
I have made trips to pick up a car that the deal was agreed upon and arrive to find it was sold. Very unfair, but it does happen. On the other hand, I went to look at a car, liked it, paid the guy and started loading it on my trailer when another party arrived with a trailer to buy it. According to the irate 3rd party, he and the seller had agreed to a deal at a price lower than what I paid. I was unaware of this until the situation unfolded, I merely arrived, looked it over, made an offer and the seller accepted. Angry words and threats ensued with me quietly trying to get the car loaded and get the hell out of there. He was aware that I did not know he and the seller had verbally made a deal, but was still pissed. The irate 3rd party pulled his truck and trailer behind mine to prevent me from leaving, so I finally, calmly (for me) advised him that I would bash my way out of the driveway with my truck and trailer and that if he liked his Silverado as it was, he'd better move. After glaring at each other eye to eye, he moved. Thankfully, I was able to leave the argument behind between them.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
jhutch33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhutch33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 2:05AM
Yeah, a situation like that is usually not the buyer's fault. Occasionally it is when they're told that it is sold and still  try to coerce the person into selling the car. In the case you describe, that obviously isn't what happened, nor do I believe it to be the case in my situation. I'm not upset at anyone. I've just moved on and am continuing to try to search for a nice 72 Torino within a fair price range. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 2:51AM
On the facebook group, there is a formal 72 gran torino for short money. I don't know if it is sold but I am seriously thinking of getting it just to have a clean car to drive and play around with. Needs some toying around with tuning but is pretty clean and the body looks good.

Edited by handsofstone - 07-June-2018 at 2:52AM
72 GTS
-John
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 4:06AM
I will be selling this '72 at the end of the season in order to get my red '72 wagon finished up. It is not a Sport, just a base Torino with a GTS front end. However, it has a bulletproof drivetrain, lots of new parts and is super reliable. 460, C6, aftermarket high-end goodies. I hope your search for a GTS is fruitful, but if not this might be an option.

Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 4:35AM
Love that air cleaner
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2018 at 4:38AM
PM sent.
72 GTS
-John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic