The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Section > Cars for Sale/Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1973 39k mile base model torino

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 39k mile base model torino
    Posted: 06-July-2021 at 11:27AM
Due to one health problem after another for myself and my father, i am gonna sell all my torinos, engines, parts etc. Thought I would get this car out there first. Its a very clean, original and nearly rust free 39k mile base model torino with a 302 and c4 auto trans. I have replaced, hoses, belts, fuel pump, water pump, points/cond/plugs/wires, new 215/70/14 tires, added dual exhaust with magnaflow mufflers, ford am/fm cass stereo, rear shelf speakers, new trunk weatherstrip, inner fender splash shields and a few other odds and ends. These pics are from when I got it a few years ago but will get new pics after the car is detailed to update here. Car is ready to go and I'd take it anywhere. My intentions were to leave it basically stock as it appears but swap in a correct 351cj/4spd and many of the q code/ralleye pkg related parts from a 4spd q code base model car I also have. That car can be also be bought if you would like to do the same thing and I will make you a good package deal. I also have MANY 351cj related parts, engines, 9" 3.50 center section, NIB blue thunder intake(sale pendin), boss 302 alum valve covers etc Car is $12,500 and is located in se ky. pickup/shippin will be up to buyer to take care of but I am more then happy to assist. If you have looked at these cars, you know how extremely hard it is to find them in this original, low mileage and rust free condition. pm me if seriously interested and we'll exchange phone numbers and go from there. thanks

Edited by MrSmog - 07-July-2021 at 9:20AM
Past 1974 Ranchero GT Q code

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2021 at 12:25PM
That is too bad you have to sell for health reasons.  It's a real gem of a car, so hopefully it finds a good home.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2021 at 12:53PM
sorry to hear thatCry will make someone a nice car!!!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2021 at 1:25PM
Nice car! Sorry tp hear about your health issues.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2021 at 3:13PM
thanks for the kind words. I'm not near death or anything but my back has gotten so bad, its just no fun to wrench on these old cars. when I do stuff, it takes me 10 times as long and I am down for 2-3 days afterwards, no exaggeration. That and the fact my father is now in a veterans home full time, kills all incentive to do what I wanted to with the car. I got the car so he and I could enjoy it together, but he is in a wheelchair now so its just not easily possible. I did buy a short bus with a wheelchair lift  that I plan to do some road trippin (alaska and desert sw region) with and make pickin my dad up at the vets home easy. I hope to be able to still take him fishin and other things while he is around. Almost immediately after I got this car his and my health took a nosedive. If I have all the surgeries they want to do on me back to back, i'll be down the next 3 years or so.

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2021 at 3:22PM
That is a super nice car my friend, and I hope you do get to spend plenty of time with your father for a long time still. I hope to get up there and see some of your many projects and parts, the small bikes sound like a blast.
Don
73 Ranchero Sport "72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V 3.70 gears for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE, OBDII 347/4R70W
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2021 at 3:37PM
Thanks, its turn key ready to be enjoyed. If i can find someone I trust, i plan to get it clay barred/buffed and detailed here very soon so I can get new and better pics. The car is rock solid though top to bottom, inside and out which is about 90% of the battle with these cars. No need to break out the torch or soak it down with penetratin oil for a day to work on it. Everything I have done was just basic hand tools with no real problems other than pain and agony for me durin and afterwards. LOL    My father had covid this past winter and I thought he was a goner for sure, but he re-covered pretty fast but there are after effects that are odd. He also has had a few back to back bouts of congestive heart failure where they have had to get a lot of fluid off him. I hope that eases off as he seems to get weaker and weaker each time and never fully bounces back. The bikes are fun to build and customize, just wish I could really thrash on them like i used to. Heres what I putted around on this past weekend..

Edited by MrSmog - 06-July-2021 at 3:51PM

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 7:44AM
more pics

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 7:48AM
more pics

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 7:49AM

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 7:52AM

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 7:52AM
I have never ever had an issue postin pics on here but of course these are all turned every which way but right lol

72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 8:16AM
That is mighty mighty clean, well done for it being in that great shape.

I didn't really notice the pics turned sideways, until the last ones that are upside down. I'd just edit that and redo them.
Don
73 Ranchero Sport "72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V 3.70 gears for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE, OBDII 347/4R70W
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 8:40AM
thats just it, they are right side up in the uploads and no way to rotate them here. Not sure whats wrong but i never had problems with pics before. Yes its a very clean car, if someone wanted ac on this car you'd be dollars ahead to buy a solid non ac car like this and retrofit ac before tryin to fix up a crusty ac car. anyone that has gone through a crusty car and had to deal with body shops will attest to that. I also don't care how good of a job you do, that rust always comes back eventually.

kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 10:43AM
Sorry to hear that the health issues have gotten worse. I am also sorry to hear that you are getting rid of everything. That really sucks too. This is one clean car! 

Enjoy the time you have with your dad though!
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1976 Ranchero GT "Ricky Bobby"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
mkshelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mkshelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2021 at 11:14AM
Beautiful car. Hope someone comes along who will appreciate it.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually UNinventing the wheel"
FORDMUSCLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FORDMUSCLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2021 at 4:29AM
Man....my dream car...but way out of my price range...
VERY COOL...PLAIN JANE....
I even have the manual steering box to make it really plain....
Perfect for the drag strip...

Edited by FORDMUSCLE - 16-July-2021 at 6:13AM
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2021 at 6:09AM
Originally posted by FORDMUSCLE FORDMUSCLE wrote:

Man....my dream car...but way out of my price range...
VERY COOL...PLAIN JANE....
I even have the manual steering box to make it really plain....
Perfect for the drag strip...

Thanks and That was the plan, wanted to run at the pure stocks in mich. The q code car is a man steerin car, real strippo with all the goodies.

D3ozDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3ozDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2021 at 10:45AM
Do you have any pics of the base 351cj 4speed car?
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2021 at 3:16PM
Originally posted by D3ozDave D3ozDave wrote:

Do you have any pics of the base 351cj 4speed car?

I have a few handy, the body is crusty crusty crusty, i think the roof is the only good metal left lol  However all the cool stuff is there, intact, un butchered and operable. all gauges work, 4spd stuff is all there,rear sway bar etc    $3000  Shame its so rusty, probably one of the rarest 351 q code cars around.

Edited by MrSmog - 16-July-2021 at 3:25PM

Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2021 at 3:14AM
Base Q car is neat, how bad is the rust? Up here, that's "spotless".
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2021 at 4:11AM
That Q code looks similar to that Montego I had.
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1976 Ranchero GT "Ricky Bobby"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2021 at 4:18AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

Base Q car is neat, how bad is the rust? Up here, that's "spotless".

I am a total rustophobe, so I'm kinda picky but this one is too far gone. Just ate up badly everywhere in the usual spots and lots of structural areas too. I still hold out hope whoever buys this blue car will also want the 4spd car to do what I had planned.

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2021 at 4:19AM
Originally posted by kychevyguy kychevyguy wrote:

That Q code looks similar to that Montego I had.

It looks to have come from the philly area originally, so it didn't start out good, then it ended up here in ky where we literally get more rain then seattle and portland, its ALWAYS wet here. Also the liquid brine they use on the roads here is the worst stuff I have ever seen, almost as bad as pool chlorine, just nasty stuff.

D3ozDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3ozDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2021 at 3:29PM
so the numbers have been checked on the Q motor in the red base car to verify its correct and original to the car?
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2021 at 5:04PM

so the numbers have been checked on the Q motor in the red base car to verify its correct and original to the car?

As far as I can tell, it has a non original 72-74 351 2v engine in it. It had a 70/71 351 4v stock intake on it when I got it which I swapped out for a edel performer 2v/4 bbl intake, has a 600 holley on it. I took one of those borescope cams and saw it had dished pistons, block is a d2ae and heads have a "2" on the corners. so pretty sure thats what it is. I do have multiple sets of correct 73/74 351cj/q code heads, 1 set of correct crack free ex manifolds, correct q code air cleaner, couple correct q code carbs, couple correct q code intakes and egr spacers.

That car will also be listed on here when I get around to it. It has a clear ky title in my name, $3000 firm as it sits and if you want the correct q code parts with it, we can discuss that. just pm like you did on the fastbacks if interested.

Edited by MrSmog - 03-August-2021 at 7:16AM

Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2021 at 2:57PM
Originally posted by MrSmog MrSmog wrote:

As far as I can tell, it has a non original 72-74 351 2v engine in it ...

could it be the original engine just head swapped with 2V's?

it happens more than you'd like to think, even just 1 side

maybe it just had go A to B and that was the fix for the worn out 4V's

72 GT Ute

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2021 at 6:53AM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

Originally posted by MrSmog MrSmog wrote:

As far as I can tell, it has a non original 72-74 351 2v engine in it ...

could it be the original engine just head swapped with 2V's?

it happens more than you'd like to think, even just 1 side

maybe it just had go A to B and that was the fix for the worn out 4V's

its a possibility, 73 was a LONG time ago. It has the D2ae-ca block.

I sold the 4 spd q code base model car, so the new owner can tell if he pops the pan off and finds 4 bolt mains.

I'll put a parts for sale post up with a updated list of whats left.
Boss 302 alum valve covers sold
429 cobra jet valve covers sold
both sets of closed chamber 4v heads sold
1 of the 72 cj stock carbs sold 1 left
1 351 cj air cleaner sold 1 left
NIB blue thunder 351c-4v intake sold

blue 73 base model car still for sale $12,500.00 OBO, send me a msg, worst I can say is no thank you.

GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2021 at 11:52AM
That blue base car would be a great Bring a Trailer auction candidate. 
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Retired 60s NHRA Anglia
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2021 at 2:03PM
Originally posted by GTW GTW wrote:

That blue base car would be a great Bring a Trailer auction candidate. 

if I still have it in a few months, I might give that  try. Its a 73 base model and it seems 90% of people in the 72+ Torino market want a 72 fastback, so it may take a while. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic