The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1976 Montego MX going in...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2012 at 7:37AM
Got it this morning....snagged the entire setup for $100.00.....

1974 Gran Torino Elite...gotta love them big Fords...
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2012 at 9:51AM
Originally posted by twintornados twintornados wrote:

Got it this morning....snagged the entire setup for $100.00.....

THAT is cool! and one hell of a great price!
Now I guess I need to make a trip to the JY and check all the 70's FoMoCo stuff for electric bench seat stuff! I did not know that was even a possibility!!

Align it all REAL good and some great long lasting LUBE will keep it good for years to come

Edited by Regul8r - 22-September-2012 at 9:53AM
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Mark S. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2012 at 12:23PM
Definitely will now keep a sharp eye open at the u-pull-it for bench power seat set-ups!
Mark
1977 Ltd II "Eltee"
1984 Mustang ragtop
2004 Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition
71 Torino GT 429CJ (sold too many years ago to count...)
twintornados View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2013 at 5:08PM
Well....I have ignored my Montego long enough....last fall after I put her in storage...I came across a Mustang that I though would be fun... a 1993 LX convertible.....long story short, it didn't pan out and I sold it...but....the Mustang bug bit me hard, so I found a 1983 GLX convertible in solid shape and have been having a blast with it.....then, the Montego kept callin' to me in my dreams, so...I went to the storage facility and picked it up....gotta admit....with just a little coaxing and battery charging ...she fired right up....felt great driving her down the road....on the trickle charger tonight and tomorrow I will go for a much needed Montego cruise....love my BIG Merc......
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2013 at 2:15AM
Just read through your entire post.  Love your car, especially the blue on white.  Those wheels look great on your car, too.  I may be a little biased, I just got a '76 Montego MX Villager wagon.    Would love to see some good high res pics of your car and that "popping" blue paint.

On a side note.  I was able to use a power seat switch out of a mid-80s Mercury in my '77 LTD II.  It was a direct swap.  I wonder if the rest of the entire power seat setup from a mid-80s Ford would work in a '70s Ford??  Pull-a-parts are full of mid-80s Fords, so it should very easy (and cheap) to find.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2013 at 9:19AM
Originally posted by n2fordwagons n2fordwagons wrote:

Just read through your entire post.  Love your car, especially the blue on white.  Those wheels look great on your car, too.  I may be a little biased, I just got a '76 Montego MX Villager wagon.    Would love to see some good high res pics of your car and that "popping" blue paint.

On a side note.  I was able to use a power seat switch out of a mid-80s Mercury in my '77 LTD II.  It was a direct swap.  I wonder if the rest of the entire power seat setup from a mid-80s Ford would work in a '70s Ford??  Pull-a-parts are full of mid-80s Fords, so it should very easy (and cheap) to find.

I went with the wheels since I wanted 16" rubber under my Montego. I have since seen Magnums in 16" and 17" sizes so that is cool too....I just HAD to have my white walls...had her out today for a spin and I love the thumbs up and horn honking this car brings....I routinely get people stopping and looking at my Montego all the time....she is one unique ride....
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2017 at 9:20AM
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2017 at 9:13AM
Yup Ouch
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2017 at 2:16AM
Originally posted by twintornados twintornados wrote:

Yup Ouch

Sorry ya had to let her go, but hopefully ya got another project to enjoy! Wink
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2017 at 1:15AM
I sold it because after I got done with it, I didn't really enjoy it like I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun car, but I really wanted a Torino anyway...I thought I could enjoy it, and for a while I did, but in the end there was no "click" for me so I let it go...of course, the guy selling it on eBay is pushing a pack of lies...

Edited by twintornados - 28-February-2017 at 1:43AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2017 at 2:11AM
I've heard lots of bad things about that seller, classicsllc.  I see a lot of high priced 70's Fords from that seller.  Somehow, people get suckered in, though.

That interior sure does glow, though.  Very Purdy.
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2017 at 9:57AM
Ironically, I stopped and looked at this beauty today. 1974 Gran Torino Elite with 26,000 original miles. She drove nice and the 8 track still works...

Edited by twintornados - 28-February-2017 at 9:59AM
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2017 at 11:53AM
nice looking car!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2017 at 4:13AM
It's mine....26K original miles and all the paperwork going back to the original owner. Back in the Torino fold and I guess I gotta start a new thread...lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2017 at 4:26AM
Awesome!  Congrats!  Looks like a beauty.
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2017 at 5:03AM
Congrats! Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2017 at 8:50AM
Ok, with the Montego gone and my "new" 1974 Gran Torino Elite replacing her in my garage, it is time for a new thread....

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/topic16021_post170141.html#170141
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic