The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1978 ford LTD II "S"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenduece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2013 at 1:09PM
I know this is a long shot but does anyone know where I could possibly find the sports touring stripes? I can't believe no one remans them......
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2013 at 6:57AM
No one makes the stripe to say. A place in buffalo did one for 1000&
doc57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doc57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2013 at 12:58AM
Just paint them on. It looks better and lasts longer.
1978 LTD II "S" sport touring The "Beast"
steveb614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveb614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2013 at 9:54AM
Hello - I have the exact reproduction stripes for the LTD II sport package.  I have invested significant time recreating all the pieces exact to original specs (hood, top, sides, back etc.).  I have a 1978 and used my vehicle as a template.  These are for sale as a kit, red or the white version (Red orange yellow etc.).  call or text 614.329.eight076 stevebrown614@hotmail.com
Steve
Columbus, OH
1978 LTD II
Speedway 650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedway 650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2013 at 4:41PM
in the last couple of ears, I have saw 3 different Rancheros within a 20 or so mile area of me with LTD II front ends. The actual LTD IIs, though, I haven't saw one in several years. The ONLY Sport model I ever saw was a red one 5 miles from me when I was still in high school. It looked real sharp. At the time, I had a '77 T-bird and my cousin a '78 Cougar XR-7, so it really caught my eye. Then, about 1992, it disappeared. Like I said, since then, I have never saw another in person, that I can recall. Since then, I have saw dozens of T-birds, Cougars, Torinos, Elites , and even several Montegos. Based on that, I'd say the LTD II Sports were built in low numbers.

steveb614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveb614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2013 at 10:47AM

My 1978 LTD II with Sport Appearance package is for sale in Columbus, OH - see craigslist

I am taking my bodywork guy to court over the deposit he never returned and never did any of the work.  I dont have the funds to restore this the way it deserves now.  I have the stripe kit available separately - art files created and tested but not output yet.
Steve
Columbus, OH
1978 LTD II
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic