The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

...72 351CJ Black/Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 9:12AM
How do you spell L-i-t-i-g-a-t-i-o-n Wink
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 9:36AM
Originally posted by 72GTS351CJ 72GTS351CJ wrote:

Is this person still alive?

+1.  I would have lost my mind!  I am sorry for your luck Paul.  Hope you can find the parts.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 9:46AM
I flat out would have killed them. That sucks. I would own that business when I was thru with them.
Jim

picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 10:43AM
L-i-t-i-g-a-t-i-o-n Angry Paul~
Power Surge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 10:48AM
Originally posted by picon3 picon3 wrote:

Was it a tow company, or did the shop have their own flatbed?
Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
73 Ranchero - 5.0 Coyote swap - in progress
Past Torinos - 72 Gran Torino, 75 Gran Torino, 75 Elite
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 11:17AM
That is simply horrible!
Marc
German Shepherd Rescue
1972 GTS "The Gray Ghost"
1967 Ford Fairlane 500

picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 2:03PM
Originally posted by Power Surge Power Surge wrote:

It was a towing company that I had used before with good results.  The driver was however someone I had never dealt with.  He bragged about his seven years of towing experience, "love the car"...blah, blah, blah...and then he let's this happen.  Just unbelievable.  Ouch
Power Surge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 2:16PM

Originally posted by Power Surge Power Surge wrote:

It was a towing company that I had used before with good results.  The driver was however someone I had never dealt with.  He bragged about his seven years of towing experience, "love the car"...blah, blah, blah...and then he let's this happen.  Just unbelievable.  Ouch

It's better that it was a tow company than the shop. Tow companies have ridiculously high insurance policies, so covering the damage should not be an issue. 
Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
73 Ranchero - 5.0 Coyote swap - in progress
Past Torinos - 72 Gran Torino, 75 Gran Torino, 75 Elite
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 2:37PM
I know the car will be made whole again, but this is the 4th "accident" that Old Lazarus has sustained since I started this project in 2007.  Frankly, I'm just a bit exhausted with the drama.  Paul~
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 4:58PM
they should have powered it down with the winch!!! a lot of guys doing the job that have no business even doing it!!! bragging about his experience tells me he has none! if you're good your skills will do the talking without a word spoken! yes i was a tow truck operator for many years.. loved it! among many other careers in my life, miss it. this should have never happened Angry
 i have a really nice used lens if you decide you need it PM me
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2017 at 5:03PM
Sorry to hear that Paul. I witnessed one of the incidents in person...it was terrible. In fact, we were all sick to our stomachs when it happened.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

BackInBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackInBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2017 at 1:45AM
Stupid is as stupid does...damn that was stupid move on his part.  Hopefully, he was very sorry about that dumb mistake.  

Reminds me of a time while at the Scottsdale Pavilions car show, I witnessed a dumb chick driving a Lexus or Mercedes (can't remember) in the parking lot while texting on the phone.  She jumped a parking lot medium ripped through a bunch of bushes and ran straight into the side of a beautiful and rare 1967 GTO.  Crushed the whole side of the GTO and deployed her air bag.   She hit it hard.  She was to stupid, she didn't realize the magnitude of the mistake and acted as if it was no big deal, just get it fixed.   That owner about strangled her...with good reason.

All you can do now is pick up the pieces and move on...I'm sorry this happened to you.  I've seen your excellent work and attention to detail with your build.   Its still a beautiful Torino.  Its worth fixing it again.   I will keep on the lookout for NOS tail lights for you.     
-John
1973 GTS
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2017 at 4:01AM
When I was looking at my 4 speed '72, the owner allowed me to test drive it. His driveway was very narrow with very little line of sight going down to the street. While backing it up, I was so concerned about not driving off his driveway, I failed to realize the driveway doglegged the last few feet. Sportroof inherent blind spots, tiny Ford sport mirrors and that blasted driveway and then it happened. I backed into his mailbox in the same spot yours hit. Horrified, I jumped out to survey the damage knowing that I had just bought the car, lol. No damage except to my pride.

If we can help with any other parts, let us know.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

legend onirot View Drop Down
METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2017 at 4:00AM
paul, that is ridiculous...  i too have been sometimes hesitant to drive stacylynn as much now as i did before i restored her.  you fix this pretty lady.  and sue the crap out of these people.

do you have another deck lid and bumper?
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2017 at 3:15PM
Thanks for your thoughts and offers of help.  As this has turned into a "tar baby" (befitting Lazarus' color), I now have attorneys involved, insurance company adjuster, appraiser, body shop...

The body shop is sourcing the parts for me.  I think they have the decklid, bumper (and I picked up the tail lights and assembly from Matt) so I think I'm well on the way.  

Of course the car will have to be completely repainted/striped yet again and who knows the time frame to actually get it repaired.  

At the end of the day, all I've got is time so it will take however long it takes.  I'll keep everyone updated as to progress (or lack thereof).

Paul~
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2017 at 3:33PM
Paul I have a pristine 1976 decklid.
Let me know if you can use it.
It's rust free. Came off a 67,000 mile car that had a carb fire that was stored indoors for years.
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839
  Share Topic