The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 bucket seat track extenders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMS48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 bucket seat track extenders
    Posted: 17-November-2019 at 2:55PM
Hi, Does anyone have information on seat track extenders. Thanks 

californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2019 at 3:58PM
not aware of any? are you wanting to raise the seat up some???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
JMS48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMS48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2019 at 4:20PM
I’m actually looking to have the seat go back further.

torinomike650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinomike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2019 at 6:12AM
ooh, definitely looking forward to following this thread! I have bench seats in my Torino, looking to extend the tracks as well. I'm 6' 4", so I definitely can't fit in the car with stock seat tracks! lol LOL
Mike

1974 Ford Gran Torino
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2019 at 2:28PM
FWIW i used c-4 corvette seats in my torino, and mounted the front in the torino hole, the tracks were a couple inches longer than the torino mounting location so i welded a bolt as a stud to mount the rear of those tracksWink IDK if using vette tracks would give you the added room but possible???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 12:37AM
Has anybody ever raised them up seems I saw that some were.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 3:38AM
Raised up....I did it for my mom's car way back. She was only 5 ft. tall. What I did was cut spacers to 1 inch. Then used longer bolts It raised her seat up to where it was comfortable for her. I placed the spacers between the track and the seat. This was in 1975 on I Ford Maverick. 
Steve M.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 3:43AM
You could fab a seat track adapter. I'm thinking it would go in between the seat and the seat track. 
Steve M.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 1:47PM
Rick on the forum installed Procar bucket seats and they gave a lot more leg room than the factory bench seat.  I sat in his car and it had more leg room than the OEM buckets too.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinomike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 1:55PM
Hey Vince, do you know if it's possible to just get the tracks from Procar? And if they will work on the front bench seat? Or what is Rick's screen name on here? Maybe I can reach out to him.
Mike

1974 Ford Gran Torino
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 2:02PM
Hey..  I'm still around just preoccupied with life.  When I ordered the pro-car seats the tracks they gave me weren't even close. Another member told me he bought the same seats and ordered it for a 72 montego and they fit. It really didn't matter to me because I wanted as much leg room as possible.  So I took the tracks off my split bench and installed them as far back as I could.  Anyway this was a few years back. Pro car might have it sorted out by now. -Rick-
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 2:04PM
There you go Mike, Rick chimed in.  I am the same height as you and Rick's car had great leg room.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 3:23PM
Also had their seat tracks worked I don't think the leg room was much better than factory . I'd pull your seat out and fab some kinda bracket to move the seat back. They are easily able to unbolt from the seat. If you look on my project thread there is a pic of the seats if you want to look.  I think it's on page 3 maybe half way down.  "Rick's torino " or something like that.  -Rick- 
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2019 at 4:08PM
or, locate a second pair and weld them end to end.  
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2019 at 3:04PM
I'm 6'8", most of 300 lbs.
Used spacers under the front legs of 73 buckets so I could drive it more easily.
Leans the seat back and makes more headroom.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
rancheromeister View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 7:01AM
A little late to this conversation, but I've often wondered if some of the Mustang seat extenders would work on midsize Fords. I have a 79 1/2 Ranchero, which has power driver's seat. At 6'3' 250 lbs, I have to tilt seat back to be comfortable. I probably would be quite uncomfortable without power seat, and tilt wheel. Somebody did a You Tube video installing the extenders on a Mustang awhile back. If I find it, I'll share it to this post. 
Jump in where you can, and hang on!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinomike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 8:02AM
if you do find the link, please share. I am looking to extend my seat tracks as well. I'm 6' 4" and the front bench definitely does not extend back far enough.
Mike

1974 Ford Gran Torino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2020 at 2:47PM
Originally posted by hogfiddles hogfiddles wrote:

or, locate a second pair and weld them end to end.  

Now THAT is a great idea!
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2020 at 2:38AM
My short legged wife Evonne and 5.3 ft son would say it needs to come more forward so they can reach the dimmer switch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2020 at 3:17AM
then the BEST thing to do would to take the second pair of rails, cut each one in half, and the weld each end onto the existing rail.  Then you could slide extra BOTH directions.  Lol

Or....
Make an extension for the dimmer.

Or.....
Don’t let them drive your car
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinomike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2020 at 4:28AM
LOL good one Dave! I saw your original post from months ago. I may have to end up doing that, but was curious to see if Jimmy could find the YouTube link. Seems like the seat extenders would be easier to purchase and install.

I am putting the standard bench in my Torino, but also have the tracks for a split bench. Do you know if they are the same? That's the only way cutting and welding them to existing tracks would be an option.
Mike

1974 Ford Gran Torino
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2020 at 2:08PM
 tracks are the sameWink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinomike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2020 at 2:29PM
thanks Johnny
Mike

1974 Ford Gran Torino
 Post Reply Post Reply