The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 GTS 351C 4v OC Engine Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2017 at 12:19PM
another qt is a LOT from full
72 GT Ute

californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2017 at 12:22PM
Originally posted by Danno Danno wrote:

New boss hog, followed instructions, primed it with 1 qt. After the limpy run about 200 ft, stick still shows full. I'm going to stop in and talk to my tranny friend, and ask him what to do next. I seem to remember him saying c6 like extra fluid. Maybe I need to put qt #13 and 14 in. Even though it says full now, zero air bubbles or froth on the stick and nothing venting out the vent...so maybe it needs two more? I'll see what he says.
new boss hog? i kinda liked the old one!!! LOL
James Best  Sorrell Booke Jefferson  &quot;Boss&quot; Hog 24x36 TV Poster Dukes of Hazzard
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2017 at 10:31AM
Little fat Buddy! (Roscoe to Boss Hogg)
Seriously, Re-Check your shifter adjustment. It will make an FMX behave exactly as you describe...
Been there, done that. It doesn't matter if you reinstall the same transmission on the same mounts without touching the adjustments, it can be wrong.

Edited by Big Bird - 25-September-2017 at 10:32AM
The above post should be read in a "Grumpy Old Man" voice.
Almost forgot: "Get off my lawn!!!"
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra
Danno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2017 at 11:10AM
Rechecked linkage. Unhooked it, put some weight on the shifter to hold it against Drive stop, triple checked manual lever, rotated it clockwise to get it in park, then 3 clicks cow to get it in drive. It is dead-on. Same spot it was before.
Transmission guy said before I drop the pan and look at redoing the valve body, first try a bottle of "Muscle" to see if it loosens up any stuck spool valves.
Danno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic