The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 GTS Deuce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 48>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 GTS Deuce
    Posted: 01-November-2011 at 12:32PM
This one is now at the shop, gonna need alot of TLC. What I need for this one is a trunk floor and passenger side lower rear quarter.

ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2011 at 12:34PM
nice steering wheel, is it gonna be a stock resto?
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2011 at 12:43PM
Originally posted by ilyes ilyes wrote:

nice steering wheel, is it gonna be a stock resto?

Essentially yes. The only thing I wish to modify on this one is to put in a tilt steering wheel. Otherwise all the original parts are there and will be refurbished or replaced as needed. The steering wheel, the instrument cluster, the console, the seats reupholstered, the tranny over hauled, the engine on has 90K on it, so I will not do anything to that at this time, new paint job, new laser stripe, new rims, tires.
VorbottenO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VorbottenO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2011 at 1:22PM

I love this guy!

Two Torinos in the garage...
Can't wait to see how this one comes out
Great work.
Eric
72GTS-Ncode (429-477ci)

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2011 at 6:03AM
that car has some good options,Rim Blow steering wheel,PB,PS,A/C
bucket seat/console floor shift, 351CJ car.
Even if Blue laser stripe was not an option for the lt. pewter I think it still would look good.Heck they have every color but blue listed for the pewter and actually think the brown laser stripe would look ugly on lt. pewter,but blue IMO would look very good.

also to answer your question in the other thread about the molding on the middle bodyline it is only factory if it has clip studs as they didn't drill 1/8th in. holes to install the clips that hold the molding on,they had metal studs that are welded to the body.My car was a wide molding car with the center moldings and had to grind the studs off flat as I am not having moldings on my car and they were all removed previously anyway but I had to grind off the studs fro the center moldings.If it has holes then someone might have installed the metal aluminum rivit on aftermarket type that had the vinyl inserts which came in various colors.Now days everything is pretty much stick on bodyside moldings for aftermarket but back in the day it was aluminum molding and you cut it to length and added the end caps and drilled holes and installed with pop rivets and then picked the color insert you wanted which hide all the rivets in the channel.That type looked more factory back in the day as they were metal moldings and now today they are all cheap stick on and the chrome covering tends to wear off after many years and sometimes the moldings unstick too.

If it has holes,weld them up with a mig welder and grind it smooth and do a little putty work to eliminate the grinding marks but laser stripe cars should not have had the center molding from the factory as it would look really stupid with a molding above the stripe.

look forward to seeing the progress on this one
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2011 at 9:21AM
Heck, I'd be proud to drive it as-is! That is a sweet ride and will be even nicer!
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2011 at 9:41AM
Originally posted by 72 GTS 429 72 GTS 429 wrote:

that car has some good options,Rim Blow steering wheel,PB,PS,A/C
bucket seat/console floor shift, 351CJ car.
Even if Blue laser stripe was not an option for the lt. pewter I think it still would look good.Heck they have every color but blue listed for the pewter and actually think the brown laser stripe would look ugly on lt. pewter,but blue IMO would look very good.

If it has holes,weld them up with a mig welder and grind it smooth and do a little putty work to eliminate the grinding marks but laser stripe cars should not have had the center molding from the factory as it would look really stupid with a molding above the stripe.

look forward to seeing the progress on this one
My thought was that it would look good with a blue stripe as well, but that combo was not offered, but maybe I will do blue any way.

And, yes, I pretty much have decided to have the hole welded up.
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2011 at 3:47AM
How much paint would I need to paint this care, and what brand and paint code do I need?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2011 at 10:13AM
well paint brand is personal preference to who ever paints it as to what they are comfortable using as you learn little tricks of how a certain paint system sprays when you use it alot.
I use PPG alot bot have used Standox at the bodyshop I use to work at and it's very paint too.R&M makes a good paint sytem which is a BASF product just make sure they use a good quality basecoat/clearcoat system and 5A Light Pewter metallic should be your paint code which should be on the sticker in the door jamb on driverside.
as far as quanntity you will need a gallon of base color if your doing the jambs and trunk area

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 16-November-2011 at 10:14AM
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2011 at 8:01AM
Thank you sir!
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2011 at 11:00AM
Restored Rimblow.

Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2011 at 2:01PM
Thats one of the things on my Wish List,  I have a Rim Blow but need to get a Torino pad & emblem. Did you refurbish it, or did you send it out?
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2011 at 10:33PM
I sent it out to Rimblow Buddy-I have another on its way to Best in Show right now.

Edited by foote500 - 25-January-2013 at 10:55AM
Marc
German Shepherd Rescue
1972 GTS "The Gray Ghost"
1967 Ford Fairlane 500

unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2011 at 10:02AM
Just beautiful.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2012 at 7:53AM
The latest work.
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2012 at 8:51AM
What should or could I do with these rims. They are too small, two 14x51/2 and two 14x6. If I decide to sell them, does anyone here want them, whats a fair price?
SocalTorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SocalTorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2012 at 9:27AM
I would but them but shipping to CA must cost a bunch,
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2012 at 9:56AM
i'm confused why the quarter is patched like that
what quarter skin did you buy?cheapo,not a Tabco from the looks of it
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2012 at 10:13AM

Cheapo-thats what my shops guys asked for.

ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2012 at 11:29AM
shipping should be $16/wheel with USPS, that what the guy that wants mine told me, he sells wheel on ebay on a regular basis

Quarter panel seems off a bit, but that might be from the pic

Somebody has lots of tattoos Tongue 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 48>
  Share Topic