The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Section > eBay, Craigslist & other Classified Listings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 torino sport on fb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 torino sport on fb
    Posted: 06-April-2021 at 7:29AM
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2021 at 11:44AM
It's a 351C-2V H-code car with a bench seat. Claims to be original paint.

The description reads:

72 Torino gran sport, 351 Cleveland, automatic trans, power steering and power brakes, ice cold ac, hot heat, original paint very well taken care of, drives like new, no rust and no issues $25000  

Here is the direct link if someone is interested:

Here are some more pics:

Edited by 72FordGTS - 06-April-2021 at 11:52AM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2021 at 11:48AM
Looks unmolested 
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2021 at 1:55PM
that’s not the one that was a ‘barn find’ awhile back, and appeared to be a “fake-dirty then cleaned up to flip quick” car is it?  Sure looks like it........but can’t remember if that one was white inside or black interior.

1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code
1969 Torino GT - M code
numerous mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies and counting)
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2021 at 3:26PM
Originally posted by hogfiddles hogfiddles wrote:

that’s not the one that was a ‘barn find’ awhile back, and appeared to be a “fake-dirty then cleaned up to flip quick” car is it?  Sure looks like it........but can’t remember if that one was white inside or black interior.

IDK could be? or the one from wa. the guy in tx bought and sold too.
 i dont remember what interior it had either?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
pete rad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete rad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2021 at 6:30PM
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2021 at 1:03AM
ok. Not the same one :)
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code
1969 Torino GT - M code
numerous mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies and counting)
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2021 at 2:42AM
There was one for sale a few years back on Craigslist in Michigan that was posted here, but I can't find the topic on our site.  It was an original Colorado car with 40 thousand some miles.  Original paint and it had the trim on the rear valance like this.  I believe it was an H code too.  The asking price on it was $25,000.  I remember the 1972 2B paint laser stripe cars, exactly what I have.  It could be that same car.  I don't see that trim on the rear valance often.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2021 at 12:17PM
Originally posted by normand normand wrote:

There was one for sale a few years back on Craigslist in Michigan that was posted here, but I can't find the topic on our site.  It was an original Colorado car with 40 thousand some miles.  Original paint and it had the trim on the rear valance like this.  I believe it was an H code too.  The asking price on it was $25,000.  I remember the 1972 2B paint laser stripe cars, exactly what I have.  It could be that same car.  I don't see that trim on the rear valance often.

I also keep track of the 1972 2B cars since I have one too!  I have yet to find another like mine, with 2B red, laser stripe, no vinyl top, trunk lid trim (no lower valence trim), white bucket seat interior, console, and gauges.  

The one from Michigan is a different one again.   It was Q-code Rallye Equipment car in 2B red with black vinyl top and black bucket seat interior.  It does have the lower valence trim too. I saved the pics and the ad for that one.  

Here is the text from that old ad

1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport Fastback. All Original, 2 Owner, Numbers Matching, Unrestored Survivor Car. This Torino was a Colorado car all of its life up until 1995 when it came to Michigan. Car has been stored every winter has never seen snow and barely ever seen rain. 43,341 Original Actual Miles. 351 CID 4V 8 Cylinder Cobra Jet with C6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic automatic transmission. Original Bright Red (2B) in color with laser stripes. Body is in near perfect condition, original paint no rust and has never had any type of body work preformed. All chrome is in excellent condition and so is all of the factory glass. 100% original and mint condition black interior, console shift, high back bucket seating. Sport package with all the features that were available in the sport group also has factory power steering and power front disc brakes, factory no A/C car. Also ordered with the Rallye Performance Group that included the Magnum 500 Chrome Wheels that are also in excellent condition. Factory Ziebart undercoated car and the underneath is perfect with no signs of rust. Included in the sale will be the original window sticker, owners manual, build sheet, spare tire and jack assembly, factory starting instructions still wrapped on visor and other original goodies. You will be hard pressed to find a nicer Torino or classic muscle car for that matter. This car is probably the nicest and most original Torino for sale in the world, this is the true definition of a survivor car. Everything works in the car jump in and drive with no problems. Asking $25,000 Cash, No Trades. Please don't waste my time the first person to see this car will purchase it. Call anytime 

Edited by 72FordGTS - 07-April-2021 at 12:25PM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2021 at 1:15PM
That is the one!  I was going from memory and thought it was a H code.  It was an absolutely beautiful car.  There is a 2B laser stripe survivor one owner near me as well.  If it ever goes for sale I would have to have it.

Funny the things we remember.  Hard to recall the name of a person I met a few days ago, but remember most of the details of a car on the web from a few years ago.  All in what is important to us!
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2021 at 7:01PM
Originally posted by normand normand wrote:

That is the one!  I was going from memory and thought it was a H code.  It was an absolutely beautiful car.  There is a 2B laser stripe survivor one owner near me as well.  If it ever goes for sale I would have to have it.

Funny the things we remember.  Hard to recall the name of a person I met a few days ago, but remember most of the details of a car on the web from a few years ago.  All in what is important to us!
yep, i forget names but never a car!Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply