The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72-79 NEW Instrument cluster insert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2016 at 12:37AM
This is coming along great. Keep us updated as you move along - fascinating stuff watching you trial and error it!
Matt

1972 Montego MX
1973 Gran Torino Sportsroof
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
2003 F-150 5.4
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2016 at 5:39PM
Originally posted by andyjman83 andyjman83 wrote:

That would be sweet, will we need to send you a "core" cluster or will you not be needing to use any original parts from them.

Will not need any core, it will be ALL NEW.\

Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2016 at 5:42PM
Well, progress today was on the seats.
I had to get my seats set in place correctly so that when I lay out the gages I can make sure they are not hidden by the wheel.

Have my new steering wheel and steering column coming in the mail this week so that will get me the final pieces before drilling the holes for the gages in the panel.

I had the weekend off so I spent it doing all the loud, noisy, grinding, drilling, cutting and welding stuff so I did not piss off the neighbors doing that at 4am after work.

Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
BackInBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackInBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2017 at 4:18AM
How did this project turn out?   I've been thinking about doing this as well.  No good options converting the OEM tach to a 8k version.
-John
1973 GTS
russosborne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2017 at 9:45AM
Yeah, Carl. Been wondering myself. Clown

Still hoping you sell the plate to put gauges behind the factory dash plate replacing the white plastic. I'm working again, so I'd be in the market for one as soon as you have them ready to sell, if you do. Or I can still make my own, but I'd rather buy one from someone that knows what they are doing. LOL

I'd be interested in seeing how the one you do in the black textured plastic turns out also, if it looks good enough I could be convinced to go that route instead of using the factory plate/cover. I just am absolutely against having a metal plate showing for my tastes with this car.

Thanks.
Russ

Edited by russosborne - 20-June-2017 at 9:46AM
BackInBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackInBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2017 at 9:53AM
Found an option...
Talked to Whitegauges.net

http://www.whitegauges.net/products/1972%252d1973-Ford-Ranchero-GT-Torino-White-Face-Gauges.html

They were willing to work with me.  They are correcting the font on their overlays to match OEM.  They are also making a 8k overlay for my tach and a overlay to change my ampmeter to voltmeter.

I talked Bob Mcclellan...at rocketman.com.  Nice guy...was very helpful.
http://www.rccinnovations.com/index.php?show=contact

He will convert my tach to 8k no problem.  He said that I will have to install the 8k overlay before sending the tach to him. 

All the instrument overlay's are about 60-70 bucks
Rocketman conversion is $155

I'm getting my tach converted after I receive my order for the overlay's

-John
1973 GTS
russosborne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2017 at 9:43PM
Carl,
Any updates on this?
I pretty much have money burning a hole in my pocket if you've gotten to the point of having something to sell.
Thanks,
Russ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic