The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

73 gran torino sport saddle bronze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 gran torino sport saddle bronze
    Posted: 17-June-2013 at 7:29AM
here is a link for the post i did in the "welcome mat" forum and i will continue from where i left off there  http://forum.grantorinosport.org/new_topic9299.html

front bumper on and done with the trim

went to a buddys house over the weekend also so some pics will be of other cars that arent torinos, southern md is kinda lacking ford fans, but especially torinos are hard to find

here she sits in middle of party

my bosses car, and his party. its a 36 dodge buisness coupe

56 belair

always forget what year its is, but this is my mechanic/painter/bodyman/friends chevy delivery

chevy truck

another chevy

buick lesabre

and my favorite shot

unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 8:12AM
That is cool as s**t. The more I see that Torino, the more I like it.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

austintulin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 8:18AM
hey thanks man, i really was alil nervous at posting it cause i didnt know what anybody would think of it, the flat black started out as a money saving option, but alot of people threw love my way about it, i think ima have to stick with it now.lol
legend onirot View Drop Down
METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 8:31AM
I like it too, and the more you stare, the more it grows on you.  I like that the bumper bolts are still chrome too...  somehow, that makes it pop even more...

and don't ever be nervous about posting here, nobody here will jump down your throat for doing anything to your car...  its your car, do with it what meets your tastes..  (except putting a chevy engine in it Cry)

p.s.  who's the hotty in the passenger seat, first picture?

Edited by legend onirot - 17-June-2013 at 8:31AM
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 8:44AM
Lol. Thats my girlfreind, UN happy cuz we got stck on the side of the road when a float valve stuck on the Holley 780 ive got. A couple smacks fixed it for now. But I think im going to get it rebuilt as its the third time its done it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 9:20AM
Oh man, I went through that with my Cougar. EVERY time I drove it, I was left on the side of the road with fuel issues. My (ex) wife refused to ride with me anymore and would just follow me in hers, LOL.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1972 Torino 460

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 9:24AM
yeah i dunno, some people tell me to go with an edelbrock, but alot just tell me to get it rebuilt, im kinda torn and not to get into too much debate(i know its like ford vs chevy debate) but what are yall running and any recommendations to that issue? i have an edelbrock 750 a buddy can let me use if id want it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 9:45AM
also i need some half way decent wheel well mouldings for my car if anyone has some or knows where to get them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 9:52AM
We recently had a debate on carbs here. I run Motorcrafts, Demons, Edelbrocks, and Holleys. All have issues. However, I have had the best luck, bar none, with a Rochester QudraJet. Buy it, set it and forget it. Great response, cheap, and a wide variety of CFM applications. My wagon (429) is getting one next month, and I am planning on putting one on my 4 speed car. That is how much I trust them.

Laser mouldings are pretty pricey. Unfortunately, the wheel well mouldings from a ribbed side moulding car are too short and look bad. Might try to luck up on a set of '74-76's and use them, as they are a bit more plentiful and it is hard to tell the difference (my opinion). 1972 Laser mouldings can run as high as $200 per piece, so count you blessings, LOL.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1972 Torino 460

fordnmerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordnmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 10:01AM
I think the flat black gives it a bit of a racing look. Thumbs Up

That paint will be a lot easier to deal with than chrome.

I have gloss black bumpers on my 98 F150 Nascar and
they are a lot easier to maintain than chrome.
David
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 1:11PM
the car just looks WOW!!

very "correct" looking!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2013 at 1:56PM
Very nice color. As Carl says looks almost "correct" 

Love the other shots too. Love the Buick!

Thanks for sharing.
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
SininenIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SininenIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2013 at 6:17PM
Love the way it looks! You said those rear wheels are 10" wide with 4.5" back spacing, do the tires rub?
Aatu
73 Gran Torino Sport
http://public.fotki.com/Granaatu/
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2013 at 10:53PM
Love the look of the car. I am running a 750 Edelbrock on my Gran Torino and it does just fine. I am running a 650 Double pumper on my 68 Fastback Mustang. I don't have a problem with either. If you see one of my Fords on the side of the road, I am either out of gas or taking a piss. P.S. Watch out for Malcolm, he will be after your girlfriend. lol
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2013 at 2:13AM
Ha. If you see my wagon on the side of the road, it's normal...
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1972 Torino 460

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2013 at 4:40AM
tires dont rub at all, and im going to stick a 750 edelbrock on it while i get my holley780 double pumper rebuilt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2013 at 2:56AM
well i took her for a spin two nights ago, and felt something draging, come to find out my speedo cable came loose from the transmission. and i have an oil leak on the back of the intake we just put on. but on the bright side i just got a fairbanks transaction kit im putting in, and the laser stripe will be on by then end of this week. when i have pictures i will post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2013 at 5:16AM
well i figured id post some more pics. speedo cable fixed and oil leak was the oil pick up cracked. and ive got the stripe on and trunk flipper reinstalled

id say the new strip looks alil better than my old one here

and the infamous trunk flipper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austintulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2013 at 5:23AM
oh, and i just installed a speed demon 750 somebody was never able to get to work(just trash in the bowls), and alls ive got to say is wowwwwww. it woke my motor which was already peelin tires right up
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-June-2013 at 8:41AM
Great choice going with the stripe. It really sets if off. Looks great! Clap
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic