FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'73 GTS (Q code) in Oregon - $18,500

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: '73 GTS (Q code) in Oregon - $18,500
    Posted: 30-August-2018 at 11:13AM
odellscar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2018 at 5:25PM
I bought it! So excited, being delivered Tuesday / Wednesday of next week!
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2018 at 8:20PM
Clap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
handsofstone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2018 at 2:25PM
Congrats. Now start a project thread where all you need to do is figure out which wax to use and polish pattern. 😆

Edited by handsofstone - 24-November-2018 at 2:26PM
-John
72 GTS S Code
-Torn rotator cuff is keeping me sidelined from wrenching for the foreseeable future.-

2015 Super Cab F-250
odellscar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2018 at 4:28PM
This post is a copy of another that I just made in a different section...

Well, guys.... I bought this car.....and let me tell you....

I bought on-line, sight unseen, NEVER AGAIN.
The day I drove it home from the Wal-Mart parking lot where I met the delivery driver, I should have refused delivery based on what I saw. Crap paint job.. $500 special would be my guess. 351CJ 3-spd auto transmission. After getting home, starting looking it over, and to my growing horror:

Car was nearly out of fuel, but wanted to pick the wife up at home and take for an inaugural spin to the gas station, once there, notice the left rear tire was almost flat. Filled up at air tank after shutting car off. Car wouldn't start. Battery acting like its dead. Had to push out of the way due to an employee parked in front of me. Pushed back, popped hood, (hood release was rigged and came free from zip-tied bracket the 1st time I pulled it) tried starting again. Cables on battery started smoking. Looked to be OE. After letting it sit for around 20 mins, managed to get started, drove home (never did get gas). This was ONE HOUR after taking delivery of this car!

Looking underneath, ALL OF THE FLOOR PANS ARE RUSTED OUT. There was a piece of cloth on the drivers' side that was part of the "replacement" floor pan. The others look to have been replaced, shoddily. I then discovered that I had NO BRAKE LIGHTS OR TURN SIGNALS. Got underneath dash to discover the the brake switch had been jumped to the fuse box in order to make them temporarily function...

Day 2..Emailed the people that I bought it from and initially asked for my $$ back.. No response....Then asked for some $$ in order to make some of these issues right....no response....

Went up to O'Reilly Auto parts and bought a new voltage regulator and battery cables, replaced.

Day 3..Replaced brake light switch, flasher fuse, and signal fuse, (Fuse block FULL OF RUST) have brake lights and turn signals, but only with the headlights off.... Looks like the turn signal switch itself is bad, will replace that soon enough.

Day 4..Emailed the dealer for the 3rd and final time...Called them... wouldn't give me a straight answer on any kind of a refund or help....In the interest of getting to the point....these jokers did finally give me $800 back that they sent me via check, 16 days after initial complaint..I had to call 4 more times in order to get this to happen..They got off really cheap....This car has got issues that I am now forced to be stuck with and rectify...

Day 5.. Popped hood again and looked, they did replace the card with a rebuilt...however the air filter was BLACK and filthy...Replaced.. The haphazard way in which this car was "restored" is amazing to me.

Left car to sit in garage for 3 weeks after this as I do work and travel quite a bit.

Day 6..Today.. Decided to go and give filling the gas tank another go (gas tank is new)...filled up... Filler neck is leaking(rusty and appears to be the original), have 2 buckets on each side of tank to catch runoff as it is too dark to do anything about it tonight...

I will continue to update as I go...But let me tell you...I am extremely upset at this situation but am in a corner and have to fix this car correctly... I will not name the dealer here because I don't need any legal headaches but...They are located in Redmond, Oregon..... BUYER BEWARE.....What a nightmare!!!Dead
1973 Q Code Gran Torino Sport
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2018 at 1:14PM
I consolidated all the posts about this car over hear, just to make things simpler. 

I am locking this thread just so we all post in one spot.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic