The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

77 montego?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greifee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 77 montego?
    Posted: 29-July-2015 at 3:03PM
hello all I'm new here and have a couple questions. I am looking at what I'm told is a 1977 montego. All I can seem to find are pics of 76 and older montegos, and wonder if this one is actually a 76 not a 77. Can anyone post a pic of each, if there is such a thing, so I can see what I'm dealing with? Thanks!
Greifee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greifee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2015 at 3:30PM
Ok, the one I'm looking at has 3 fins behind the doors on the qtr so near as I can tell it must be a 72 or older? I'm probably way wrong but trying to find info on these cars and not having a lot of luck.
Tim1859 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim1859 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2015 at 9:54AM
Are looking at this one http://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/5101839619.html">http://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/5101839619.html?

It is a 72 or 73. If you look down in the Craigslist and Ebay section of the classifieds, you'll find guys talking about it.
Former owner of '73 GTS and current wannabe
Greifee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greifee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2015 at 11:42AM
Yes that's it. I thought it was wrong. Got a 13 yr old boy that thanks to street outlaws and gas monkey wants to build a muscle car lol. At least it got him out of the fast and furious phase finally. He has champagne taste and I have a cheap beer budget and thought this car would fit the bill as an in between compromise. I have worked for a ford dealership since 98 and always been a chevy guy but I think these cars are pretty sweet once restored and really need something inexpensive for our project together.
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2015 at 2:02AM
You would do well to get that one.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2015 at 3:02AM
Somebody on here needs to get that one.
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1971 Cougar XR7 "Kitty"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2009 Smart Fortwo Cabrio "Lil Dude"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
Greifee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greifee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2015 at 3:18PM
I don't thnk it is quite as clean as the craigslist picture makes it look, but overall pretty darn good still. I also found a parts car, a Q code car, although it does not have the original motor, damnit, or much useable parts at all. It does have a 302 and 4 speed trans as well as both bumpers, both mirrors, front seats, and hood that is rough but fixable. Can't wait to get these home and although it will be a very long and slow process it will be nice to just get started.
 Post Reply Post Reply