The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Body work forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAirbrush Fun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airbrush Fun
    Posted: 28-May-2011 at 7:30PM
Some of you may have heard me talk about that I do some airbrush work.torinobry has been doing some airbrush work in MI and got me insprired to fire up my airbrushes again so I have been doing some practice projects.I had this clock that HotRod Magazine sent me for subscibing and it had these multicolor hotrod flames and just wasn't good so I took it apart,taped up the bezel and fired up the airbrushes and put some kewl flames on it to really make it bling.
I was at a friends so I borrowed thier PC to post the photos direct
first layer of orange with candy red on top

next layer of orange and Tangerine candy

yellow layer with Pagen gold candy

Finished with Logo umasked

Finished Clock

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 31-May-2011 at 5:11AM
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 7:33PM
BTW ,Bryan if you read this thread feel free to post any of your work on this thread as this can be the community airbrush & Custom paint thread
ilyes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 3:31AM
damn you're not bullsh*tting around with your brushes, very nice work Jeff Clap
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 7:36AM
Thanks Ilyes came out pretty good next is Bowling Pin & a Mailbox which will have an eagle head that turns into flames then fire from there back.Bowling pin will be intresting cause it is like a verticle cylinder with curves.Thankfully I have a turn table to put it on and rotate it aI flame it.Trying to make some display pieces so I can promote my KustomPainting.I have some Harly Split Tanks that one side will be black with flames and the other half will have something airbrushed on it.Would love to go to some bike shows and set up a display and have biz cards to hand out.V Twin Bikes are fairly easy to paint and can make some quik cash.Painted my neighbors croth rocket and never want to paint those bikes again as too many pieces and have to make jigs to hood the fairings and tank like it is mounted on the bike and they are a pain to paint cause of all the curves and vents.I I ever do another it will be too soon but I will charge bigtime if I havet to so atleast the money will be worth the hassle.I gotta drum up bizness cause after that Chevelle body is done I will be needing work to have money.
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2011 at 10:28PM
Nice work Jeff. You have to charge for your talents. If you don't you are just cheating yourself.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 4:40AM
Yah well that was the idea to make some sample pieces.My nieghbor did alot of the prep work on his bike and I shot it plus he is gonna be helping me on my jobs so I am getting paid just in labor.it is also advertisment with him riding his bike around with my Paintjob so it might bring work in for the future.Certainly gonna charge for doing a croth rocket more then I charge for a V Twin cause it is twice the work.I usually throw in a little extra effort so my work speaks for itself but I want to get paid for the time to prep and layout and all the labor but will do some extra if it is not too time consuming cause it pays off in the long run cause Word of mouth referals is the best advertisment you can getNIf your work is good it will speak for itself but if your work is great other will speak for you on top of what your work says.I ran a bizness restoring cars for 4 yrs on word of mouth alone and never was looking for work always had people coming to me.The final year I was booked solid and had a 6 month waiting list.It came down to lack of qualified help that basically ended it all cause I was overwhelmed with work and more then I could handle.I'll get to that point again but hoping by that time Carl moves here and finds a big shop so I am not trying to do it alone
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2011 at 7:33AM
I airbrushed this in 2007 I call him Skully

another skull

eagle head

Harley Peanut Tank

a Custom chopper Bike I painted years ago

Indian Chief MC with Hotrod flames

My Neighbors bike I painted last month

some hand painted lettering I did with 1Shot sign paint and lettering brushes

yellow rose

A dragon sketch that will be airbrushed on my Explorer when I ever get time to repaint it

sketch design I drew but haven't airbrushed yet

here is my arsenal of airbrushes

me painting hotrod flames 10ft tall ones

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 31-May-2011 at 8:02AM
lilpanther View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 6:49AM
Sorry it took me so long Jeff.
Justin
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 6:53AM
No biggie Justin I was at a friends and was able to post them myself I didn't bother to post the photos of the parts in my boooth but it's ok that you did. I won't always be able to borrow a computer to go online so I aprreciate the help you give me with posting my photos
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 2:43PM
Started the next project,I am painting an eagle head with flames coming off it on the side of a mailbox.I think I am going to paint sokething different on the other side But not sure what yetn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 2:50PM
Sound's cool, So where's the pic's? I need to get my airbrush spraying right again so I can try my hand at airbrushing again.
Justin
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 5:41PM
Not revealing the photos till it's done .
unlovedford View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2011 at 4:05AM
Very nice work, Jeff. You have quite a talent.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2011 at 4:33AM
Thanks Joe, I really want to get more into airbrush & custom painting for a living as restorations take so darn long and sometimes I lose motivation during a long build but I enjoy the airbrush work as zi get to create something from nothing and watch it take shape as I paint and wanting to see the final product motivates me to finish just so I can see the end result.   When cars give me troubles I am more likely to walk away out of frustration and lack the motivation to go back and continue but airbrush work for me is relaxing and enjoyable and even if I don't like a part I just painted I can erase it with paint and try again and fix the problem in a matter of minutes where as cars are not always that simple and problems can take hrs or days to fix.I would love to make money at something I enjoy so much but with this economy it can be hard to get the work especially what I need to charge for some of the real detail work.     Hopefully in time I will pick up some custom paint jobs but for now I'm having fun and building a portfolio as I paint different stuff and will have samples of my work to show future clients
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2011 at 5:43PM
Here is a sneak peak at the artwork for the mailbox I will be airbrushing   http://m103.photobucket.com/albums/JeffsCustomPaint/Airbrush%20art

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2011 at 6:19PM

Edited by lilpanther - 06-June-2011 at 3:36PM
Justin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2011 at 6:22PM

Edited by lilpanther - 06-June-2011 at 3:37PM
Justin
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2011 at 12:45PM
Justin I appreciate the help but you have the photos out of sequence.I know they upload to the album in the wrong order.If you can edit your reply take the in progress photos off as they don't need to see the steps only the final result.I have those photos cause I am writing a How To with the photos for the Airbrush Forum I belong to.My local library has compters I can go online so 5 days a week I can get internet access to post photos and such.I appreciate the help you have given but they don't always load in order so it might be better if I take it from here.Thanks
kenneth View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2011 at 5:57PM

Hey Jeff, my 20 year old daughter is not just keen but VERY keen on air brushing. She is currently doing a course and loving it. She has always been into cars and the art etc. would you have any pointers for her in the way of direction for work ?

I guess it’s a matter of slotting into a panel working/ painting side of things first

I have a picture somewhere of a Torino door she straightened, dressed and painted with a flame job while at school.  I will have a look and load it up when I can.

1973 Q code sports roof
kenneth View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2011 at 9:21PM
Well I couldn't find the old photo of my daughters Torino door that she airbrushed at an age of 15, but here is some current jobs of hers. note some are not complete but will get done eventually.  

1973 Q code sports roof
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic