The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Section > eBay & Craigslist Listings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Base model '73 Torino wagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Base model '73 Torino wagon
    Posted: 12-March-2018 at 5:47AM
Looks solid.  Needs a lot of work, especially that interior.  Looks like it's been sitting in the sun a lot.

Edited by 72FordGTS - 12-March-2018 at 8:22AM
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2018 at 8:24AM
I fixed the link.  It looks like a fairly solid survivor that's worked most of it's life.  Carlo's might like checking the photos out since he has the '75 made to look like a '73 Base Wagon.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2018 at 8:27AM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

I fixed the link.  It looks like a fairly solid survivor that's worked most of it's life.  Carlo's might like checking the photos out since he has the '75 made to look like a '73 Base Wagon.

That is pretty close to what we had growing up. No A/C and the 302 V-8. Could you imagine the family road trips from Northern Indiana all the way down to Northern Mexico??? Just INSANE.....LOL!!!!! My kids would flip if I tried pulling that on them.....Beer
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2018 at 8:33AM
Originally posted by gpd294 gpd294 wrote:

That is pretty close to what we had growing up. No A/C and the 302 V-8. Could you imagine the family road trips from Northern Indiana all the way down to Northern Mexico??? Just INSANE.....LOL!!!!! My kids would flip if I tried pulling that on them.....Beer

We had similar experiences growing up, but we had a full-size Pontiac Parisienne (Canadian) wagon.  No options including no A/C, and six of us crammed in the two bench seats with the back filled to the max.  We did that many long trips including Ontario, Canada to Oklahoma City and from Ontario to the East Coast.  Today, my kids wouldn't put up with it, and neither would my wife (the no A/C would never work).
Vince

Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2018 at 8:47AM
the Parisienne was sold in the US 83-86 from what wiki says, i thought the first year in the US it was a badged Bonneville then it went to Caprice with Pontiac F&R facia, but it may have been a P-chevy the whole time

we had an 87 Caprice Brougham and an 81 Bonneville, does that make a Parisienne ?
72 GT Ute

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2018 at 12:40PM
The Parisienne was the top of the line full-size Pontiac up in Canada since the 50s. It was basically like the Bonneville built the US just not as fancy. The Canadian Pontiacs were for years built on Chevy chassis and used Chevy engines. They eventually became pretty near identical to the Bonneviles by the early 80s except they still used Chevy engines. The 1982 to 86 Parisienes sold in the US from 83 to 86 was just a rebadged Caprice. So yeah you basically had one.

Edited by 72FordGTS - 12-March-2018 at 12:42PM
Vince

n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2018 at 12:11AM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Yeah, I thought of Carlos as soon as I saw it.
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2018 at 1:17PM
sweet wagon, looks sold already
Past 1974 Ranchero GT Q code

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2018 at 2:28PM
retired Fire Chief bought it for a Surf Wagon

Edited by Rockatansky - 13-March-2018 at 2:29PM
72 GT Ute

gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2018 at 3:59PM
Something to be said about simplicity....
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2018 at 4:28AM
Reminds me of mine when I got it. Really nothing on it to break.

Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2018 at 12:04PM
There's a 72 fastback with a base front clip out near me. I see it a couple times a year. Usually going past me the other way...
First couple times I saw it, I was wondering what it was.
The above post should be read in a "Grumpy Old Man" voice.
Almost forgot: "Get off my lawn!!!"
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic