The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Body bushing set for Rancheros

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleR09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body bushing set for Rancheros
    Posted: 05-September-2016 at 8:05AM
    I know that this has been hashed out in other sections, but since I have a couple of 72 Ranchero's, I thought I'd put this out there for them specifically. This is what I've done so far........
    I replaced my beat up old factory rubber bushings with a set of Energy Suspension kit # 3.4115G urethane bushings, for a 72 Chevelle. After I received them, I realized that 6 of the bushings were going to be the wrong inside diameter(3/4"), when all of the bushings need to be 1" . To fix the problem, I used a standard length 1" hole saw, with a piece of 3/8" rigid plumbing pipe installed inside of it, approx 1/4" longer than the hole saw, to use it for a pilot, then installed the bushing into a 2" exhaust pipe coupling from a short exhaust extension, so that it had the taper to it at the end, to hold the bushing round and keep it from rotating.
    I then proceeded to drill out the inside of the bushing, going 1/2 way in, then flipping it over to finish it off.
    If I was to do it again, my suggestion would be to order the parts separately. So, to make a custom kit for one, you need to order 12 each of the part #4041 and #4044, that will cover the main bushings, and then 2 ea of the part # 4042 and #4045 for the rad support.

Edited by DaleR09 - 07-September-2016 at 4:17PM
'72 Ranchero GT Q code
'72 Ranchero GT H code
'03 Ranger 4X4 Stepside
'03 F350
'14 Fusion AWD Titanium
russosborne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2016 at 3:07PM
If you ordered the parts separately, would you still need to drill out the holes like you did, or does that eliminate that extra step?
Thanks,
Russ
DaleR09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleR09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2016 at 3:12PM
Ordering them separately would eliminate the need to drill them out. I haven't had the chance to find out what the price would be, though. If you do, please let us know what the cost is. Thanks
'72 Ranchero GT Q code
'72 Ranchero GT H code
'03 Ranger 4X4 Stepside
'03 F350
'14 Fusion AWD Titanium
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic