The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Engine Specific Forum > Big Block Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crites 460 headers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2016 at 7:41AM
** CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE AND CLICK AGAIN TO SUPERSIZE**

The beginning of September, we got the 460 and C6 in place! Was also able to get the headers reinstalled (and look how tightly they wrap around the steering box!!) but not yet torqued....

Edited by TV 2M8O - 25-September-2016 at 7:56AM
[IMG]TO BE RELOADED[IMG]
TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2016 at 7:47AM

With everything now torqued, the driver side was perfect, but I discovered the passenger side collector was snug against the side of the transmission pan and no way to get the V-band and collector reducer installed. I contacted Crites about making me a collector that breaks 20 degrees at the primary to collector transition to get it off the pan and running back parallel to the driveshaft.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 25-September-2016 at 7:48AM
[IMG]TO BE RELOADED[IMG]
TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2016 at 7:52AM

Something I thought of prior to talking with Kenny at Crites was the possibility of swapping the collectors side to side, so the following weekend I set about removing the driver side collector to see if it would work on the passenger side and vise-a-versa. Well the driver side collector fit onto the passenger side once rolled 180 degrees and got the collector off the transmission pan...

but the passenger side collector mounted on the driver side had the same problem as on the passenger side, the collector was right against the pan! I'll have Crites make me another driver side collector, rotate it 180 degrees and then install the tabs in the correct location to mount it on the passenger side and leave off the three hole collector flange. I'll also need to order a new V-band flange to weld to the collector once it arrives and then have it powder coated.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 25-September-2016 at 7:53AM
[IMG]TO BE RELOADED[IMG]
TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic