The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Engine Specific Forum > Big Block Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D2Oe-AB Heads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2015 at 10:52PM
Hello all. I have the intake back on and glued in placed. I've always used the end gaskets I sure hope the RTV works. I used a special type that Toyota uses on oil pans. I have a cousin that works for Lexus he got me some it's good stuff. FIPG it's called. Ok going to attempt to attach photos.
Ryan Mack
Sandy Run SC
Sandy Run View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2015 at 10:56PM
http://s1068.photobucket.com/user/SandyRun1/library/Mobile%20Uploads
Ryan Mack
Sandy Run SC
Sandy Run View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2015 at 11:08PM
Ryan Mack
Sandy Run SC
Sandy Run View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2015 at 12:11AM
 photo image_zps47a3060e.jpg photo image_zpseaa32773.jpg photo image_zps6jqljzrg.jpg

Ryan Mack
Sandy Run SC
Sandy Run View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2015 at 12:46AM
Just wanted to give an update.  My problem is solved engine runs great,  however it had nothing at all to do with the intake or gaskets.  I had installed a new 850 DP holley carb.  With it the engine wouldn't run below 1800 rpm.  As I reinstalled the intake for the third time thinking I had a gasket issue I decided to put the old carb back on the engine after all it was running great when I removed it just wasn't quite big enough.  Sure enough the engine fired and ran perfectly.  The distributor I bought the new carb from has offered a new one or to investigate why the one I bought failed to work.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the input and advise and offer my final findings on this issue.  Oh and by BTW the PI heads make a lot more power than the DOVE heads I was using.  A bit more expensive but worth it.  I plan a test and tune on the dyno in the next few weeks I will post the numbers Thanks again
Ryan Mack
Sandy Run SC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic