The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

flasher problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flasher problem
    Posted: 27-September-2020 at 11:48AM
1971 torino 500   recently bought it, they said blinkers dont work.  so,  I replaced all the rear sockets and bulbs since they were looking old and it was cheap.  got a new flasher.  now the second I plug in the flasher,  the rear right starts to flash.  cant get it to stop unless i push in the brake pedal.  got a new turn signal switch assembly ,, still does it..  
doesnt matter what I do that flasher starts to flash the second i plug it in  ( the brake is the only thing that will make it stop)
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2020 at 6:05PM
did you post this on one of the facebook groups? if so like i said check if the bulbs are correct, and if a wire is crossed some where. you may need to unplug the tail light wiring under the seat at that connector to see if the issue is in the wiring to the rear? sounds like an issue in the turn signal switch and or the 4 way flasher switch part of it??? might try removing 1 bulb at a time see if it stops, to narrow down the diagnostic search...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply