The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > How-To Articles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flushing condenser and evaporator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flushing condenser and evaporator
    Posted: 11-March-2017 at 5:51AM
I think I have a good method to share for flushing components while they are removed from the system. I was not satisfied with the standard aerosol or liquid and air pressure. You get too much air blowing by the solids, never getting a good thorough push through the tube. I used a vacuum method. On one end, hooked up my Moeller 5 quart hand operated vacuum pump. Other end, I submerged in a bucket of solution. Vacuum away, I was able to keep a continuous flow going by keeping the bucket replenished. I was amazed how much oil and stuff came out. Emptied Moeller and did it again, until it was flowing clear. Then I vacuumed out as much of the solution and mist as possible, and then finished off with compressed air. Totally confident the tubes are now clear. For the condenser, Since the drier was removed, I simply put a piece of clear tubing in its place.
Danno
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2017 at 6:14AM
sounds like your method is the best. yes the oil will settle in every low spot and corner.
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic