The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

john's 74 s&h clone build thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 74>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2022 at 3:12AM
Strike marks in a few places
Steve M.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2022 at 3:10AM
Here's another shot showing  more imperfections 
Steve M.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2022 at 3:08AM
Sending over a pair of driver quality front wheel lip moldings. These will hold you until you come across a show quality set. The passengers side isn't that bad. With a bit of elbow grease, it might even return to almost new.
Steve M.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2022 at 3:01AM
NOS grill emblem is on its way.
Steve M.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2022 at 10:03AM
Right on!
Steve M.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2022 at 8:34AM
 mike, i looked at mine by the right circle... only appears to be paint scraped off from the fenderwell hitting it on the top edge that i can see so far??? i just need a nice clean RH front marker...
 steve, whenever you get a chance no big hurry...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2022 at 7:54AM
John
  Have a  used wheel well mounding. Clean, should buff out 
Steve M.
mtburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2022 at 4:47AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

mike, you mean where its welded to the side rails at the firewall? i figured i can front half it if necessary ! so far it appears to be only the rh frame horn ahead of the suspension and the strut rod x member ... i will need a nice nonfaded rh side marker (sold all my extrasCry)

steve, i was going to contact you about an emblem i thought you had posted a pic of  a bunch of them??? grill surround i'll need think i have a decent gril still that only has 2 warped squares i can heatgun into shapeWink

John.

Mine was bent in both circled places on this picture. You can see the kink clearly on the up-turn from the rail, not so much on the rail it self, but it was bent "in" towards the center of the car there too.

From the top looking straight down, it was clearly visible.

I got you covered on marker lights.

Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 2:56PM
Have to dig out the surround. I  believe that its still attached to a grill. I'll let you know soon. 
Steve M.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 2:52PM
Grill emblem is on its way 
Steve M.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 2:15PM
 mike, you mean where its welded to the side rails at the firewall? i figured i can front half it if necessary ! so far it appears to be only the rh frame horn ahead of the suspension and the strut rod x member ... i will need a nice nonfaded rh side marker (sold all my extrasCry)

steve, i was going to contact you about an emblem i thought you had posted a pic of  a bunch of them??? grill surround i'll need think i have a decent gril still that only has 2 warped squares i can heatgun into shapeWink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 10:57AM
Have a front emblem in good shape, grill surround and grill in accessible shape.  They are yours for the asking 
Steve M.
mtburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 10:05AM
Wow, glad you are OK.

I have marker lights and maybe some other stuff if needed.

When you get a chance, take a look where the rail goes into the snout section before the body mounts.

I have owned and worked on several the took that kind of shot, each time the rail was kinked at or before it goes into that area.

Mike H.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 9:30AM
 mustang has been on the back burner for a whileCry
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 6:51AM
Is the Mustang on the backburner now?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 5:51AM
of coarseWink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2022 at 1:20AM
Are you going to do the new hood with the 72 scoop?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2022 at 6:13PM
 i still have to assess the damage but i have a fender, header panel, 72 coresupport i believe will work several headlight housings, maybe a grill grill surround??? have a few core bumpers...

things i do know i need are a RH marker light, RF wheel trim, grill emblem, RH fenderwell extention...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Greg73Oregon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg73Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2022 at 1:30PM
What you mean "we"?
Too bad, I have mint condition fenders, front-end stuff and NOS glass.
Too bad.
GKF
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2022 at 11:20AM
Originally posted by Greg73Oregon Greg73Oregon wrote:

When you're up to it, can you itemize parts you need and what other years they can come from?
Example: Left/Right fenders (years XXXX to YYYY).
Naaahhhhh, we already know all THATLOL
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
Greg73Oregon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg73Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2022 at 9:33AM
When you're up to it, can you itemize parts you need and what other years they can come from?
Example: Left/Right fenders (years XXXX to YYYY).
GKF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2022 at 2:59PM
If I have parts you sold me they are still in the boxes you sent them in. Make your list once insurance gives an estimate.
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2022 at 12:35PM
I have half of a core support that I got from handsofstone….. yours if you need it.

Looks like it’s the driver-side half

Edited by hogfiddles - 17-August-2022 at 1:55PM
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2022 at 11:49AM
I have a grill and some othet stuff.....its yours. 
Steve M.
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2022 at 10:44AM
Great advice from MK. I  went through a  really hard time due to the insurance company that didn't want to pay out and mine that didn't want to stand up for my daughter and me. 
Steve M.
Wayner315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayner315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2022 at 5:21AM
The long hard hours spent is upsetting, very sorry for this happening to you, best wishes
72 Gran Torino formal roof Brougham
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2022 at 5:05AM
Originally posted by mkshelton mkshelton wrote:

John, try to take it easy for a little while and let this %&#$ sandwich settle for a bit. I had a somewhat similar situation years ago when my truck caught on fire and I didn't handle it well. For the time being, try not to make any important decisions regarding the future of the car. It can wait until you are ready. 

This is good advice. 

Hopefully the insurance comes through too and gives you a decent payout.  You have helped so many on this forum John, that I am sure all of us will do what we can to help you out with your car.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
mkshelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkshelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2022 at 5:40PM
John, try to take it easy for a little while and let this %&#$ sandwich settle for a bit. I had a somewhat similar situation years ago when my truck caught on fire and I didn't handle it well. For the time being, try not to make any important decisions regarding the future of the car. It can wait until you are ready. 
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually UNinventing the wheel"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2022 at 1:23PM
  One more reason to use a dash cam. What did the cops do?
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2022 at 7:08AM
the important thing is you're OK

72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 74>