The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ridiculous Pics from the Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abertodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2016 at 8:34AM
Originally posted by GTW GTW wrote:

Is that meringue?
Jan
73 Gran Torino
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2016 at 9:39AM
Originally posted by Abertodd Abertodd wrote:

Is that meringue?
Was this Leepu's handiwork???
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2016 at 11:04AM
^^^ very possible!! looks to me like an aluminum car got caught in a hot fire! 
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-July-2016 at 5:56PM

antlerfiend wrote:

Johnny, lower all of your cars or are you just too cheap to buy new springs? LOLLOLNOPE,  i'm like joe......just cut 'em!!WinkLOLThumbs Up

at least i know how to properly lower a car!!!   unlike this guy   VVVVV   ShockedShocked

JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2016 at 4:13AM
I am guessing he will be eating through the inside edge of all four of those ties in no time!
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2016 at 2:49PM
That's just the new look, plain and simple. Stretched tires and camber. FWIW, my Torino will be getting it also.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2016 at 3:10PM
how come all the new "looks" look absolutely ignorant and often offer no benefits? lol
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2016 at 3:17PM
Originally posted by MrSmog MrSmog wrote:

how come all the new "looks" look absolutely ignorant and often offer no benefits? lol

Whether or not it looks bad is opinion based, but the object is looks, period. If you care about handling/performance benefits, don't do it to your car. If you don't and prefer form over function, have at it. I can always change it later, but going with a conventional look...no can do.
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2016 at 3:46PM
with that much negative camber...it'll corner like it's on rails but a new set of tires will only last a week or two! ask me how i know
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2016 at 4:37PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

with that much negative camber...it'll corner like it's on rails but a new set of tires will only last a week or two! ask me how i know

I'm not going to go as far as putting IRS in for negative camber out back...but I'm going to try front camber and see if I like it. Wheel/tire setup would probably be OEM FoMoCo lace wheels on the stretched tires...but this is a long way out. Also want air suspension too.

Edited by GTW - 24-July-2016 at 4:37PM
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2016 at 5:26PM

I'm not going to go as far as putting IRS in for negative camber out back...but I'm going to try front camber and see if I like it. Wheel/tire setup would probably be OEM FoMoCo lace wheels on the stretched tires...but this is a long way out. Also want air suspension too.
well if you get it down there low and have it aligned so it rides true, then just dump the bags and you'll get negative camber, then air it back up some to drive Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2016 at 7:10PM
it looks dumber then a bag of hammers, even dumber then the donk look with jacked up front/rear suspension and 22+" rims and band aid tires.................and I didn't think ANYTHING could look worse then that goofy crap  lol   I cringe when I think of all the 71-76 full size Gm cars that have been destroyed for that stupid look. Confused  Guess thats what happens when non car people try to trick out a car  smh

Edited by MrSmog - 24-July-2016 at 7:25PM
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 2:46AM

[QUOTE=californiajohnny]well if you get it down there low and have it aligned so it rides true, then just dump the bags and you'll get negative camber, then air it back up some to drive Wink

That's exactly what I'm after Low, "stanced", and a good ride so I don't feel every bump.

[QUOTE=MrSmog] it looks dumber then a bag of hammers, even dumber then the donk look with jacked up front/rear suspension and 22+" rims and band aid tires.................and I didn't think ANYTHING could look worse then that goofy crap  lol   I cringe when I think of all the 71-76 full size Gm cars that have been destroyed for that stupid look. Confused  Guess thats what happens when non car people try to trick out a car  smh

You bet your I'd at least try that out if I didn't have to lift the car up. I have a G-body Cutlass also and I don't cringe when I see what people do to those, let alone 71-76 GM fullsizers. They are part of car culture, whether anyone likes it or not. There's no handbook that tells you what you can and can't do to a car, any car. Personally, if we owned a 71-76 GM again (traded in a 1973 98 4dr HT for my Torino in 1977), I'd have it on the ground and bagged. But if you have one and want to donk it, donk it. No one should tell you to do otherwise. I am going to have "rubber band" or "wooden spool" tires, but that's just the look I want. I also have two mk2 VW Jettas...they're staying completely unlowered with high profile tires

My friend's 1973 Olds convertible:
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 4:07AM
the conservative Donk, no problem

but you gotta admit there's a line that gets crossed too many times, that's why we have this thread LOL

I had a 1976 Delta 88 with wide whites, that car road nicer than many Cadillacs I've been in
72 GT Ute

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 4:09AM
More like a lack of culture but at least it gives real car people somethin to laugh and ridicule LOL
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 11:17AM

More like a lack of culture but at least it gives real car people somethin to laugh and ridicule LOL
And they look at our cars and laugh about us being stuck in 1974.
And people laugh at Lowriders.
And people laugh at Bubba-Trucks.
And everyone laughs at balding middle-aged Yuppie-wanna-bes with bad hairpieces and pot-bellies driving corvettes and trying to pick up young girls....
To each his own.
Randy
1979 T-Bird
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 11:49AM

What you do to your car doesn't make you any less of a car enthusiast. It just doesn't. And if it isn't yours, you don't need to worry about it. Donks are part of car culture. There is no denying it, and you don't have to like it.

Oh, and what Randy said too.

/frustrated (not just over this) young enthusiast that's supposed to continue the hobby, but doesn't want to when the older people (in general) piss you off
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 1:02PM
They are part of somethin, not sure i'd call it a car culture though. When I lived in s fl, i ran into them every once in a while, majority of them were mechanically and technically ignorant of what they drove. I'd ask what motor, they'd say "454", pop the hood and see a small block lol   Don't even get me started on the theme donks  Thumbs Down  You're right to each their own, still gonna ridicule, point and make fun of idiots when I see them though. Sadly Most young "enthusiasts" don't seem to get much past the sticker, light bulb and stick on chrome accy stage these days.

pissed?are you serious? if you can't take a differin opinion jr, you better stay off the internet.   millennials, smh

Did I miss somethin or is this not the "ridicule" thread? LOL

Edited by MrSmog - 25-July-2016 at 1:16PM
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 3:47PM

They are part of somethin, not sure i'd call it a car culture though. When I lived in s fl, i ran into them every once in a while, majority of them were mechanically and technically ignorant of what they drove. I'd ask what motor, they'd say "454", pop the hood and see a small block lol   Don't even get me started on the theme donks  Thumbs Down  You're right to each their own, still gonna ridicule, point and make fun of idiots when I see them though. Sadly Most young "enthusiasts" don't seem to get much past the sticker, light bulb and stick on chrome accy stage these days.

pissed?are you serious? if you can't take a differin opinion jr, you better stay off the internet.   millennials, smh

Did I miss somethin or is this not the "ridicule" thread? LOL

Donks are part of car culture as a whole, theme, no theme, whatever. If they don't know what's powering their ride, I don't care...so what. That doesn't mean that they can't like cars. I'm not going to rip Censored on them just because of something like that, hell no. What exactly is supposed to happen to the hobby if the originators mess with the people that are supposed to be continuing it? Or would they rather just have it die and be saved from all the people who like "accessories" too much?

I'm not pissed at any different opinion. What I'm pissed off by is older generations talking Censored about my generation, my peers, the people I grew up with, "millennials", like I'm supposed to just let that fly by. They can take that elsewhere... 

I always thought that the title was supposed to say "ridiculous" but it was a play on all the wrongness in the thread. 

Anyway, here's a picture. Ermm

Edited by GTW - 25-July-2016 at 3:51PM
Griffin
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 4:13PM
Personally, I appreciate all styles. One that I have the least tolerance of is the guy that wipes his car with a white handkerchief, never drives it for fear of getting the miles over 10, and treats the car as gold bullion. I don't begrudge them, but will (and have) said some retort to them when they asked me to park mine elsewhere because it made theirs look bad.

I have seen some donks that looked great. Super slick paint, maniacal attention to detail, healthy engines, and done safely are things I appreciate. Heck, back in the early 2000's I drove an Acura Legend 4 door with 18's, engine mods, dropped suspension before it was popular here. I also like a stanced car, as long as it does not creep into a dangerous safety situation that can hurt the driver and others. Bagged vehicles are an excellent idea if done well - nothing like a smooth ride, excellent handling and laying frame when you park it. Rat Rods - entire culture that I really like, as long as it is not a fake. Painting one to look weathered is not the idea behind that genre. Cobbling one together out of what's lying around is.

I think it is the small percentage of poorly done cars with obnoxious owners that give a certain type of look a bad rap. Good craftsmanship on anything is something to be admired.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 5:03PM
" I think it is the small percentage of poorly done cars with obnoxious owners that give a certain type of look a bad rap. Good craftsmanship on anything is something to be admired. "

i agree joe!

the purpose of this thread was for the overly outrageous stupid stuff seen on the roads... stuff that makes you say WTF!... stupidly unsafe things...stuff that is not good craftsmanship... 

JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 5:13PM
if millennials don't want to be ridiculed and dismissed as spoiled brats, they shouldn't be such tremendous overly sensitive whiny bawl babies who can't handle an opinion thats different then theirs.

Maybe your right, this donk thing is pretty cool, especially when the owners match their hair to the rides lol  yep thats a "car culture" I want to be associated with LOL

Edited by MrSmog - 25-July-2016 at 6:57PM
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 5:14PM

the purpose of this thread was for the overly outrageous stupid stuff seen on the roads... stuff that makes you say WTF!... stupidly unsafe things...stuff that is not good craftsmanship... 

you just described 99% of these donks and goofy lookin sideways leanin wheel cars  LOL

and I'm with you Joe, the whole rat rod thing has been so played out and abused. Most of the time when you see a car for sale with rat rod used in the ad, its basically a primer blacked POS.

Edited by MrSmog - 25-July-2016 at 5:16PM
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 5:48PM

hey a Mercury Montego or Cougar skittles donk LOL
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2016 at 5:55PM

truck nutz, not just for rednecks anymore LOL

Edited by MrSmog - 25-July-2016 at 6:01PM
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2016 at 3:52AM

. I'd ask what motor, they'd say "454", pop the hood and see a small block lol  

he was just identifying as having a 454, it's about how you feel
72 GT Ute

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2016 at 5:12AM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

. I'd ask what motor, they'd say "454", pop the hood and see a small block lol  

he was just identifying as having a 454, it's about how you feel

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL     #transcubicinchesmatter

Edited by MrSmog - 26-July-2016 at 6:56AM
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2016 at 9:46AM

if millennials don't want to be ridiculed and dismissed as spoiled brats, they shouldn't be such tremendous overly sensitive whiny bawl babies who can't handle an opinion thats different then theirs.

Maybe your right, this donk thing is pretty cool, especially when the owners match their hair to the rides lol  yep thats a "car culture" I want to be associated with LOL

I kinda like that car.Cool The hair...it's only hair. It will grow back/out. Not permanent.
Randy
1979 T-Bird
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2016 at 2:35PM

It may be my redneck side showing thru, but I rather like the truck ball sack swinging. It makes me chuckle. lol
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1971 Cougar XR7 "Kitty"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2009 Smart Fortwo Cabrio "Lil Dude"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2016 at 3:57PM
Originally posted by kychevyguy kychevyguy wrote:

It may be my redneck side showing thru, but I rather like the truck ball sack swinging. It makes me chuckle. lol

yep, maybe we should start a car culture around them?  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>