The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone used the Fatman Fabrications drop spindles?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone used the Fatman Fabrications drop spindles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cggrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2015 at 12:36PM
Originally posted by aquartlow aquartlow wrote:

Originally posted by cggrob cggrob wrote:

UH?......my front wheels can actually turn?

My ride ain't no trailer queen! Thumbs Up
LOL!!!
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2015 at 12:53PM

LOL!!!

Sorry, I should have said this before. REAL NICE ride you have there, sounds and looks like the updated parts/installation were great choices. I realize it looks like my Ranchero can only go in straight lines LOL,  but the tires don't hit or even rub(gotta love the 77-79 wheelwell flare and the Moog 80100 854 in lb front spring rate). I am not running nowhere near as wide a tire as you either, only 245's but the big block keeps the fronts planted nicely Wink. Post more pics of your cool ride and the mods done. Todd

Edited by aquartlow - 23-January-2015 at 12:55PM
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
cggrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cggrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2015 at 1:51PM

LOL!!!

Sorry, I should have said this before. REAL NICE ride you have there, sounds and looks like the updated parts/installation were great choices. I realize it looks like my Ranchero can only go in straight lines LOL,  but the tires don't hit or even rub(gotta love the 77-79 wheelwell flare and the Moog 80100 854 in lb front spring rate). I am not running nowhere near as wide a tire as you either, only 245's but the big block keeps the fronts planted nicely Wink. Post more pics of your cool ride and the mods done. Todd

No offense taken...all in good fun!  Your Ranchero is nice...even if half of the car is missing!

When this is done I will do a write-up.  I do not really have any build pics - I am almost afraid to keep track of it all!
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2015 at 2:31PM

LOL!!!

No offense taken...all in good fun!  Your Ranchero is nice...even if half of the car is missing!

When this is done I will do a write-up.  I do not really have any build pics - I am almost afraid to keep track of it all!

Quote-"I am almost afraid to keep track of it all!"  Oh, so you're married. LOL 
 Thank you for the positive comment. Post pics when available.
Sorry to have hijacked this thread....my firesuit is on. Wink
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2018 at 2:53PM
Bringing this back from the dead. Any pics of the spindles/wilwood installed? Part numbers?
I checked online and it seems you have to run granada rotors ad camaro calipers to make everything fit.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-January-2018 at 1:20PM
Seems weird to me that it's listed for 1965-73, when 1972-73 has a completely different suspension. But it seems two people have installed them.  I'd be interested in seeing some pics too just to know they actually exist.

Edited by 72FordGTS - 27-January-2018 at 1:20PM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2018 at 4:50AM
Fatman does make drop spindles for the Fulsize Ford and Thunderbird thru 78-79. It could be that they are sending those out when 73 torinos are requested.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Billy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2018 at 7:21AM
I'd still like to see this setup on intermediate chassis as well. Not really worried about the Wilwood part but the spindle is a real mystery at this point.
-Billy Conturo
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2018 at 12:44AM
The company pure vision designs in california used fatman fabrication drop spindles on a '72 gran torino. They modified the front control arms and installed Custom adjustable QA1 coilovers. Unfortunately there are no good pictures of the spindles before they installed them on the car.

Edited by dave302 - 29-January-2018 at 1:22AM
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2018 at 12:48AM
There are more pictures of the spindles as you scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

Edited by dave302 - 29-January-2018 at 12:54AM
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2018 at 12:50AM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12