The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Big Block Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60s/70s Motor Mounts???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 60s/70s Motor Mounts???
    Posted: 28-April-2014 at 3:48PM
I got a set of motor mounts and I have no idea what platform they are for. They are for a big block (based on the block plates).

Not sure what section to put them in because I don't know what they go to.

I am leaning towards a 429 application in something like early 70s late 60s but there doesn't seem to be much info out there.

Here are the pics

Any ideas???

I'd like to sell them but don't know how to advertise them.
-Billy Conturo
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2014 at 8:10PM
the elusive FE/intermediate mounts?
72 GT Ute

Billy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2014 at 8:32AM
Haha, id scrap em if they were. One less possible Torino with a paper weight. Hahaha. Gota bash the FE every once in a while.

So the frame mounts are like 1/4" narrower than the intermediate frame mounts, block hole pattern for a 385 series for sure
-Billy Conturo
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2014 at 9:15AM
If they are FE, I could use them for my Cyclone.
Marc
German Shepherd Rescue
1967 Ford Fairlane 500, 390

Billy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2014 at 9:42AM
does the 385 series share the same hole pattern as the FE?

I'd check but I got rid of my last FE parts years ago.

Anything you want me to measure? Just let me know

-Billy Conturo
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2014 at 12:30PM
Originally posted by Billy C Billy C wrote:

Haha, id scrap em if they were. One less possible Torino with a paper weight. Hahaha. Gota bash the FE every once in a while.

So the frame mounts are like 1/4" narrower than the intermediate frame mounts, block hole pattern for a 385 series for sure

sounds like it's just down to finding a crossmember that they fit

what cars/trucks came with a 385 series & used a through bolt?

the ears look a little on the short side compared to the intermediate mounts too. one time I had to go through a box of mystery mounts from a parts house to find something usable for a customer car, many of them had the short ears

Anchor 2723 & 2724 for 1971 Ranchero & others?

http://www.showmetheparts.com/anchor/
72 GT Ute

Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2014 at 1:19PM
The motor plate looks to be early 429/460. They don't have the 3rd side to the area where the bolts are. 385 series and FE are mot the same bolt pattern. The insulator mount might be a 72-73 mount. 72-73 original insulator mounts do not have the square "ear" around the location for the one plate to insulator bolt The frame where the mount sits in 72-73 is a little narrower (72 mounts for a smallblock will not fit a 74-up frame without persuasion, California Johnny had to modify his aftermarket mount to fit) Later mounts fit earlier frames, with a little slack. It looks like the labels are still on the insulators, are there any part #s still visible? The insulators might also fit unibody fairlane/torino or mustang. Are the frame holes in the insulator straight-thru parallel to the top of the mount (fairlane/mustang) or do they offset (72-78 intermediate/72-76 t-bird/markIV)? Billy, you could compare them to the mounts you modeled and see where the holes plot out.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Billy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2014 at 12:38PM
Yes, I compared. Different angles and stuff.

I think I found them

any thoughts?

Edited by Billy C - 30-April-2014 at 12:41PM
-Billy Conturo
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2014 at 11:52AM
I was going to say 69-70 mustang because of the unibody set up but a 70-71 torino is also a unibody. (learn something about BB mounts today)
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2014 at 12:03PM
How do the angles on the engine plate compare to the torino 73-79 engine plate?
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
torinojon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinojon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2014 at 3:43PM
what do you think you want for them...
http://forum.grantorinosport.org/uploads/3190/marti5.jpg
Billy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2014 at 4:52AM
Maybe $75ish. Have em on cl now for $100. Was going to try the EBay waters. Anyone want them before I do that?
-Billy Conturo
torinojon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinojon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2014 at 7:19PM
ill take them.let me no what you think the total will be....torinojon  
http://forum.grantorinosport.org/uploads/3190/marti5.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply