The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Cruise-in pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local Cruise-in pics
    Posted: 02-May-2014 at 11:48AM
Here are some pics of my ride at a couple local cruise-ins my son and myself had the privilege of attending. Beautiful cars and great weather.
Inverness, Fl.

Dave and Sue Nassivera's Cruise-in/Car Show-Ocala, Fl.

Hope you approve and/or enjoy the pics. Thanks for looking. Todd
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 1:16PM
beautiful...
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
72RogerGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72RogerGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 1:22PM
What's the size of the rims
72RogerGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72RogerGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 1:23PM
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 1:31PM
Love that color,what is it.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 2:01PM
todd, VERY NICE!!! big rims tucked that's what i'm talkin' about Thumbs Up (not jacked up like a 4x4 just to fit those big wheels- like the dorks do )
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 2:19PM
Originally posted by legend onirot legend onirot wrote:

beautiful...

Thank you, hearing a positive comment like this makes all the hard work worthwhile. Todd

aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 2:22PM
Originally posted by 72RogerGT 72RogerGT wrote:

The rims are 20" x 8.5".

antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 2:36PM
It wasn't a show but I drove my car to a friend of mines work. He drove his car to work today and we drew some attention with them parked together.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 2:38PM
Todd, your Chero looks Awesome. You should bring it to our show in Louisville. July 31st thru Aug 3rd. We are trying to get as many members as possible to show up at this one.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 2:46PM
Originally posted by fordpower fordpower wrote:

Love that color,what is it.

Please don't flame me here, it is a GM color , Dark Cherry metallic. Color code 77/9800. It was painted back in '98, when I was dropping off my Ranchero at the body shop I saw a '95 Chevy Impala SS at the body shop that was just painted, needless to say I liked the color. Todd

aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 2:57PM
Originally posted by antlerfiend antlerfiend wrote:

Todd, your Chero looks Awesome. You should bring it to our show in Louisville. July 31st thru Aug 3rd. We are trying to get as many members as possible to show up at this one.

I would love to attend, just may need a loan to pay for the fuel, the BB is THIRSTY for sure. I tell people it gets 20 MPG. They ask REALLY, I say yep, 9 in the city and 11 on the highway. I usually get a chuckle out of them. Thank you for the positive comments. You have a REALLY nice ride yourself, love the Torino fastbacks! BTW, how did hunting season go for you this year?Todd

aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 3:07PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

todd, VERY NICE!!! big rims tucked that's what i'm talkin' about Thumbs Up (not jacked up like a 4x4 just to fit those big wheels- like the dorks do )

Thank you Johnny, I was sweatin' the rim size when I ordered them along with tires already mounted. Once on the Ranchero it made a huge difference in the look, compared to the 17's that were on it. I always liked a lowered ride. Here's a pic of what was on it before the rim change and other mods.

I totally agree on the "jacked up" cars, never my thing, but I can appreciate the effort. Todd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 4:12PM
Todd, I didn't even see a deer during gun season. The day after Thanksgiving I was out with my Bow and shot over the back of a huge ten point. I got a new bow this year that shoots 340 fps and practiced at 50, 60 and 70 yds. I missed my buck at 18 yds. Lesson learned! Put your car on a trailer and bring it up. I have trailered mine all over and then drove it where we were. It looks awesome and we need more Cheros.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2014 at 4:50PM
yeah, i too was sweating rim size when i ordered custom billet wheels for my vette i went with 18 s worked out perfect! well the second set did (first set was summit's mistake wrong back spacing they ate $1,200 worth of wheels reordered the right offset ones without a complaint!)
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 4:08AM
Beautiful Ranchero and the 20's look awesome.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 4:13AM
Originally posted by aquartlow aquartlow wrote:

beautiful...

Thank you, hearing a positive comment like this makes all the hard work worthwhile. Todd

yep. I know how you feel. I am about to start enjoying mine after 4 long years of hard hard work. the encouragement from the members here have kept me going and even kick started me from slumber at times... great bunch of guys (and gals) on this forum!!!
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 4:36AM
It reminded me of the old led sleds of the 50-60 something like black rose.
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 5:25AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Beautiful Ranchero and the 20's look awesome.

Joe,
Thank you for the positive comment. Much appreciated. Todd

aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 5:39AM

beautiful...

yep. I know how you feel. I am about to start enjoying mine after 4 long years of hard hard work. the encouragement from the members here have kept me going and even kick started me from slumber at times... great bunch of guys (and gals) on this forum!!!

Keep your head up, 4 years really isn't that long. Sadly, my perpetual restoration/hibernation took ALOT longer. Life happens! I didn't realize how proud I would be when I finally purchased a tag and insurance to put my ride back on the road. Many thanks to my wife for the patience she provided and my young son who lent me a hand when I had something to "bribe" him with. This forum's members provide a great source of info and positive encouragement, during the process and after with all the when your finished ride is back on the road. Malcolm, Keep on, keeping on. I can't wait to see your finished product. Todd

aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 5:50AM

Todd, I didn't even see a deer during gun season. The day after Thanksgiving I was out with my Bow and shot over the back of a huge ten point. I got a new bow this year that shoots 340 fps and practiced at 50, 60 and 70 yds. I missed my buck at 18 yds. Lesson learned! Put your car on a trailer and bring it up. I have trailered mine all over and then drove it where we were. It looks awesome and we need more Cheros.

The deer just know when to become ghosts don't they, I haven't had a chance to hunt for a couple years(damn poachers and other knuckle heads). The pre-season pics you provide gets the heart pumping for sure. I will be driving to Michigan this summer(unless work interferes, which isn't terribly bad since it has been slow for us) going by Louisville(I-75), not sure of the date though. Thanks again for the positive comment. Todd

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 5:58AM
i was thinking the color was "black cherry"  but yeah, "lead sleds"! nothin' like a chopped 50 merc, that's what i'm talkin' about! Thumbs Up
todd that color looks awesome on there and just the right amount of chrome trim to compliment it matched with the wheels Clap p.s. i love your "hybrid" slogan LOLThumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 6:09AM

i was thinking the color was "black cherry"  but yeah, "lead sleds"! nothin' like a chopped 50 merc, that's what i'm talkin' about! Thumbs Up
todd that color looks awesome on there and just the right amount of chrome trim to compliment it matched with the wheels Clap p.s. i love your "hybrid" slogan LOLThumbs Up

I actually have the "hybrid" slogan on the back glass in 1" bright vinyl letters, it makes some giggle when they read it, those who do are probably NOT hybrid owners though(they are sometimes a "different breed" onto themselves with nary a humorous bone in their bodies). Todd   

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 6:30AM

I actually have the "hybrid" slogan on the back glass in 1" bright vinyl letters, it makes some giggle when they read it, those who do are probably NOT hybrid owners though(they are sometimes a "different breed" onto themselves with nary a humorous bone in their bodies). Todd   

definitely true !!!! you can tell most people by what they drive
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 6:47AM
Todd, let me know when you are riding up 75. I am working off exit 90. If it is the right time we could meet up.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 7:06AM

Todd, let me know when you are riding up 75. I am working off exit 90. If it is the right time we could meet up.

I'll definitely let you know when and if the trip will take place, always glad to meet another forum member. My wife and kids get to visit family in Mich. every year, but they usually fly because of me working and not wanting them on the road that long by themselves. When I get the opportunity to go back after last visiting in '98, I get to drive(YEE HAW ), lucky me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 8:06AM
Yes, I get my share of obnoxious Prius (mainly) owners that try their best to ruin my mood when they see my truck with the "America needs it's gas and oil" decal and Energy memberships. Idiots are too self-righteous to realize that their cars do require gasoline and natural gas to run the powerplant generators to recharge their batteries. Plus, how much our economy depends on energy. They have a zero sense of humor.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 8:25AM
And the typical Pious owner doesn't have any clue what environmental impact all those batteries and extra electronics haveThumbs Down Where do they think all the plastic to make their car comes from? Electricity is created from nothing (Ever so cleanly and Oh! so greenly!) in outlets and wires and has nothing to do with fossil fuels or nuclear plants.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 8:28AM
Amen, brother.

I do recycle, compost, and chip my yard debris!
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 2:49PM
Gary, 75Ranchero460 stopped by my house today with his new ride. It is a sweeet 71 Torino. I cant believe that he kept it a secret from me.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>