Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

351c or bbf for 72 ranchero gt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zombie Killing Training Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2014 at 4:49PM
yep
Allan
Revelation 6:8
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth.
andyjman83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyjman83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2014 at 4:58PM
It sounds to me like its a pretty descent deal. I did some ac work for him so he'd hook me up. Its a 460 motor and trans still in this old school 73 lincoln. He only wants 500 bux for both. I'm thinking it might even have the right mounts, accessories, and maybe even a descent model of cylinder head along with the misc parts. sounds like a good deal considering I was going to pay 500 bux for a set of cleveland 4v iron heads.
Billy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2014 at 11:30AM
Originally posted by andyjman83 andyjman83 wrote:

...Its a 460 motor and trans still in this old school 73 lincoln. ...I'm thinking it might even have the right mounts, accessories, and maybe even a descent model of cylinder head along
Now this is another ballgame. If it's a Mark, the motor mounts are the ones you want.
That entire setup is the way to go. Just try to get the entire car if you can. The entire car would be worth it for more than just the drive line.
-Billy Conturo
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2014 at 1:50PM
Honestly, the Windsor heads aren't that bad. (just not as good as Cleveland heads)
Why Ford would design free-flowing, high revving heads and then design a block with an oiling system that CAN'T support high revving, and a pushrod system that flings pushrods thru valve covers (Sorry Dad, I wasn't beating on it, I don't know what happened...Embarrassed) is beyond me...
Aftermarket Windsor heads make it a wash...
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12