The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2015 at 6:10PM
Wesley's bleche white is AWESOME and use it with steel wool of even a red scuff pad.
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2015 at 2:25AM
Thanks for the tips....the shop said  "It looks like the white letters need to be cleaned. Sometimes the manufacturers don't apply enough of the blue spray protectant before shipping. This will cause the tires oil to stick to the white layer. It will clean off pretty easily with a soft bristle brush and some car wash soap. If not it may require a tire white wall cleaner which is available at most automotive supply stores. You could also bring the car vehicle by and we can do it for you as well."   Confused
Nothing stops this train.
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2015 at 5:47AM
I've been away for a bit, sorry,,I'm back now. I'll post a couple of pics soon. One for Lola Mae. I found out my temp gauge works, as I overheated on the highway...smoke everywhere. Wife rescued me with 4 liters of antifreeze ....I think it was low and just overheated...No leaks. We'll see.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2015 at 1:04PM
paul, i was just thinking about you and your car a couple of hours ago, was it low or maybe the thermostat stuck?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2015 at 1:00PM
Not sure what the issue is exactly...Manual says rad takes 15L capacity. So far I've added 11.5 L of diluted antifreeze, still not topped up. It must have been really low,,,,,note to self,,,,check levels regularly. I will add more in the morning when it's cold. After I ran it today it gurgled for a while after I shut it off.ConfusedOuch
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2015 at 4:00PM
she's either using it somehow about as fast as you're putting in or it was just about totally empty

you need to figure out what's goin on!

first thing I'd check for is if you have any spankin clean spark plugs or a trail of coolant after she's warmed up
72 GT Ute

Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2015 at 2:37AM
Thank,s I checked the coolant level, looks about the same as last night..I also checked the oil dipstick yesterday when it was warm, looked normal.
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2015 at 11:45AM
Same thing today...filled with fluid, drove it briefly and it got hot. spewed out fluid through the drain hose. I suspect a new water pump may be the fix needed...

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2015 at 1:12PM
could be the pump, or the thermostat could be sticking closed!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2015 at 2:13AM
I'm getting a new rad cap today....if that doesn't work I gotta take her in..Ouch
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2015 at 3:25AM
I had a new thermostat installed,,,,,seems to be OK now....fingers crossed.....I went to a car show in Hamilton, Ont. Held every Thurs. I saw this nice 71 so took these pics.

Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2015 at 6:25AM
Just wanted to remind myself, so I'm throwing a before and after....

Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2015 at 12:03PM
I just want to say while your car Looks awesome finished It looks nice in the blue it once sported.
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2015 at 1:43PM
Your car looks sharp. I don't recall if you did anything with the interior color? I have a mint black bench seat and rear seat that I'd consider parting ways with.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2015 at 3:01PM
Looks awesome now.  It went from a little old lady's Sunday car, to a mean looking street machine.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2015 at 6:32AM
Thanks,,,I'm pleased with how it turned out,,,it was in good shape to start with 96,000 miles on it. Had to put in a new thermostat and that's it...so far. Question..I also installed a performance muffler, sounds great..The interior is blue and in great shape, I'm keeping it that colour as it's a big job to re-do it in black. My next project, in the spring once it's out of storage, is either raise the back end another couple of inches, or preferably, install a 4 barrel carb and manifold. Maybe a performance distributor and new wires and plugs.

This is after I cleaned out the engine bay,,,not that pretty but works well.
74ZebraIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74ZebraIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2016 at 10:01AM
Paul... What's the deal... I see you're selling, I just saw your ad on Kijiji! Don't sell it man, you'll regret it..
Matt
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2016 at 11:58AM
Originally posted by 74ZebraIII 74ZebraIII wrote:

Paul... What's the deal... I see you're selling, I just saw your ad on Kijiji! Don't sell it man, you'll regret it..
Matt
WHAT??? you can't sell it!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2016 at 1:06PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Originally posted by 74ZebraIII 74ZebraIII wrote:

Matt
WHAT??? you can't sell it!

Actually he can. But the question is WHY???? You put all that work into it and made so nice figured now was time to enjoy it.
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2016 at 2:50AM
Due to a medical condition, I lost my medical category....I'm a pilot with a major airline. Transport Canada won't approve my medication to fly. I get paid now by an insurance company on long term disability. Soooo, it kills me cause I got this far but could use the money. Unhappy If it doesn't sell it's good too, I'll be fine keeping it. Life could be worse.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2016 at 3:06AM
Originally posted by Paul100ca Paul100ca wrote:

Due to a medical condition, I lost my medical category....I'm a pilot with a major airline. Transport Canada won't approve my medication to fly. I get paid now by an insurance company on long term disability. Soooo, it kills me cause I got this far but could use the money. Unhappy If it doesn't sell it's good too, I'll be fine keeping it. Life could be worse.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about this. You have built such a beautiful car you deserve to enjoy it! I hope things work out for the best. Take care brother! Wink
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2016 at 4:27AM
So sorry to hear this. I am fully aware how something like this can really put a financial strain on you. Good luck either way, and if you do sell it, I hope you get a great price out of it.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2016 at 5:38AM
Thanks gents...we'll see how it goes....Beer
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2016 at 8:48AM
Hope things go well for you also, Good Luck with the sale.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2016 at 9:48AM
sorry to hear that paul, hope everything works out and you get to keep the car too! keep us updated
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
74ZebraIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74ZebraIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2016 at 1:53PM
All the Best there Buddy!
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2016 at 5:02AM
Thanks brothers,  a large part of me hopes it doesn't sell. And I get my medical category back..Handshake
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2016 at 5:16AM
sorry to hear this Paul!
Hope all goes as good as possible medically!

As for the car... I sold and got rid of all the NEWER CRAP I HAD!
This old Gran Torino will last a whole lot longer, is more versatile and is actually a whole hell of a lot cheaper to maintain and fix in the long run. Seats 6, large trunk for trips and luggage/groceries AND add a hitch... it will pull a medium size trailer to haul ANYTHING a normal household would EVER need with no issues!

Factor in the cost of the monthly car payments, the higher insurance cost and the fact that if ANYTHING goes wrong on your newer stuff it off to the dealer or good mechanic at outrageous hourly rates!
a FULL brand new suspension steering and brakes(minus rotors/drums) and I am in it $500-800? Maybe!
You will pay that to have the front struts replaced on a new car alone!

I did some REAL soul searching and scrutinized the numbers when we got rid of the bar and are now living off just VA Disability and Military Retirement. I am a WHOLE lot happier when driving Lola than I ever was driving a newer car!

Just think about it and I wish you luck with your future! 
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2016 at 7:02AM
Paul, prayers that things will work out to your benefit and you get to keep your Tomato. I know how much it would hurt to loose mine!

GOOD LUCK BROTHER

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2016 at 4:35PM
Sorry to hear about your situation.  Hopefully things work out for you and you can keep your car after all that work you put into it.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>