The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2016 at 12:53PM
Thanks, I would love to keep it....Thumbs Up

And check this out.....

http://jalopnik.com/who-steals-a-starsky-and-hutch-gran-torino-1753604252?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+jalopnik/full+(Jalopnik)
Nothing stops this train.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2016 at 1:09PM
^^^Shocked 
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2016 at 10:37AM
So, I've turned down one offer ( I didn't even counter), and another guy is sniffing around. Should I keep it, I don't have the budget to do the 4 bbl carb/manifold I would like to. But I think I can sneak in a couple of cheaper options. I want to raise the ass end a couple of inches as it's still not the rake I want. Also thinking of a performance distributor and new wires/plugs. Any ideas on a particular distributor? I have a 351W. Geek
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2016 at 10:53AM
MSD is a good unit and I have heard a lot of good things about the GM style HEI type too.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2016 at 10:53AM
Really nothing wrong with the duraspark distributors. Is yours defective?
That money would go a long way toward the intake/carb.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2016 at 11:26AM
Originally posted by Dan the ranchero man Dan the ranchero man wrote:

MSD is a good unit and I have heard a lot of good things about the GM style HEI type too.
i have one of the GM style HEI's in mine, very simple and reliable. a lot of guys bad mouth them (chevy haters i think!) i think i paid $80 for mine complete!!

JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2016 at 3:07PM
hey so what happened with the custom springs?

FWIW I agree w/ it's perfect the way it was at that point back there, and I don't see why you want to go mess'n with the distributor? the HEI style won't fit with the stock air cleaner etc, etc ... if it ain't broke ... I would just detail the engine compartment as is, keep cleaning & painting back to original especially if you're not sure what the near future holds Thumbs Up 

FYI on the overheating issue, if the radiator gets too hot, the trans fluid got too hot also & should be changed out regardless of how recent it was just done. engine oil too

72 GT Ute

Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-February-2016 at 11:13AM
Thanks for the info,,,I had assumed a performance distributor would provide a little extra oomph for small change...I still don't know a lot about the mechanical side of things.Confused I did some looking online and was surprised how expensive they can be,,,,,maybe just new plugs as the engine runs just fine. I'll change out the trans fluid though and an oil change once it's out of hibernation. I had the rear springs changed after I got the new wheel package installed, by a guy who was recommended by a buddy. He put in some Moog coils but it didn't raise much, so then he put in spacers,,,,,it's up a total of about 2 inches..He didn't know what he was doing. I still think another 2 inches would be just right. Ermm
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-February-2016 at 12:28PM
hey, a motor that runs just fine is a beautiful thing, the factory Duraspark is actually a darn good system. I hate to think about how many guys we've all tried to help over the interweb to get their dizzy stabbed correctly & their car back to running Cry it's simple if you've done it umpteen times on various makes but the first time on your own can be a disaster!

and it never fails that the 1st timer has the oil pump driveshaft lift up out of the pump & fall down into
the pan because a previous owner had no clue what the little retainer was for

maybe turn your attention to another aspect of the car (interior) for a while as long as it runs fine?

Edited by Rockatansky - 29-February-2016 at 12:28PM
72 GT Ute

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-February-2016 at 2:04PM
^^^this!  
 Confused been there on the pump shaft... someone else who was an expert worked on a car and couldn't get it to run then they'd tow it down to me to fix right.
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2016 at 4:46AM
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2016 at 5:05AM
Cool article. Had no idea about the gearing and warning decal.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011