The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1969 Ford Torino

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhackbarth4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1969 Ford Torino
    Posted: 11-November-2015 at 2:04PM
I'm piecing together my 1969 Ford Torino GT Convertible. It has been sitting in my folks garage in Wisconsin for the last 15 years or so. I moved to California and shipped it out and have been tinkering with it. I figured out a ignition off drain on the battery, installed an electronic ignition and new coil, alternator, battery, fluid drain and replace, etc... 
However, I have two questions:
1. Has anyone ever changed the oil pump and if so, can I do it with taking the engine out or moving the emgine? Is there enough clearance to get the pan out without messing with the engine.

2. I need to get new seatbelts and I cannot for the life of me find the mail connector that I would assume should be on the left side of the seat. I realize it might have been removed but I don't even see a place to attach new belts. 

Any help would be great. I'm not a gear head so things need to be explained to me in a pretty pedestrian way. Haha. Thanks a ton in advance.

Mike
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2015 at 4:17PM
welcome mike! i'm not that familiar with your model of car to be able to answer your questions, maybe someone else on here can!
 do you have the passenger side belt? if so look how it is attached, the other side should be the same location just opposite side 
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
mhackbarth4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhackbarth4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2015 at 4:36PM
There is not a male connector on either the passengers or drivers sides. The female connectors are present and bolted to the floor behind the middle seat of the front bench. I can't find any pictures or drawings of the belts on the internet either. Frustrating.

Thanks for your time,
Mike
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2015 at 6:18PM
i'm not a 100% sure but 69 may have just had lap belts??? i'd say look under the car along the rocker area for a reinforced section with a large welded nut type of threaded hole, directly across from the female belt bolt sticking down near the driveline tunnel should be about a 7/16" or 1/2" thread bolt. hope this helps!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
mhackbarth4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhackbarth4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2015 at 6:52PM

I felt the underside of the passenger side and I found a reinforced hole that must be the spot where these belts attach. There is no hole in the carpet where that hole is but I can cut one easy enough. The driver's side under the car (rocker area) is not open like the passenger side. It is covered in sheet metal. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help.

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply