The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trunk pans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl3oo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trunk pans
    Posted: 13-December-2015 at 6:53AM
Hello all, got a 76 gran Torino with rotten out trunk floor pans. Has anyone replaced them or know where to get replacements ? Also does anyone know any decent body shops near central nj that can do rear quarters and paint without costing an arm and a leg. No one around wants to even touch the car. I really just want to finish it off as a nice driver. Not a show car. And I've done a frame off resto on the frame and suspension components. I can't find anyone to finish the car. Help
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2015 at 7:44AM
unless you can find a good donor car to cut one out of, then you'll have to do as i did...hand form the sections you need and weld them in from flat sheetmetal stock. as far as body shops, i'd ask around some of the hotrod guys and see if they can recommend a shop that does more highend restorations, they would know more how to do this kind of work! as most run of the mill body shops now days are used to working on new plastic disposable cars...whis-bang it for the insurance companies and kick it out the door Confused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
carl3oo6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl3oo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2015 at 2:25AM
Yeah , your right about that. Everyone just wants to bolt on Tupperware bumpers and headlights and move on. I think most shops don't even own a welder anymore. It's pretty upsetting that I got the car safe and sound with the frame, driveline, suspension, brakes fuel, new floorpans, and I can't get someone to do rear quarters and paint. Maybe at this point a rat rod should be the look I'm going for. Thanks for the input . Keep wrenching
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2015 at 2:23AM
Keep at it, you'll find someone who will do the work you want.
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1971 Cougar XR7 "Kitty"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2009 Smart Fortwo Cabrio "Lil Dude"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
 Post Reply Post Reply