The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

reproduction exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeoilsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reproduction exhaust
    Posted: 11-January-2016 at 5:36AM
Hi. I have a '71 Torino GT convertible. Stock 351C 2b. When I bought the car, it came with a very loud exhaust. I really want to go back to factory. I thought I had a catalog that had dozens of factory set-ups. I can't find the catalog now. Can anybody tell me if there is a place out there? Thanks!!!
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2016 at 5:09PM
if the exhaust that's on there is all good and solid and fits decent, just change the mufflers to a turbo style like it probably had originally 
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2016 at 12:19AM
Like John said, you can have a muffler shop swap out the mufflers for something quieter.  Some turbos will be quieter, but still have a little rumble to them.  Or, you can get something real quiet, more like original.  Just let the muffler shop know what you're looking for.

Or, you can try to locate one of those complete exhausts like you're talking about.  You'll most likely have to get a muffler shop put it on for you, unless you have some welding skills and the tools.  Or, you can bolt it together yourself, I suppose, using clamps, etc.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
snakeoilsam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeoilsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2016 at 5:30AM
Hi. Thanks for your input. I am really hoping to find a factory set up. I'm one of those people who try to show my cars as original so people can see what they were like when new. I purchased a "kit" for my '67 GT500 when I was restoring it 5 years ago. When I bought it back in 1976, It had headers that leaked and required a steering bracket that broke on a winding canyon road. Back to factory. I bought another factory "kit" for a '68 GT/CS last year. I have a welder but again, it bolts together. I'll look for a few more months and if I can't find what I'm looking for, then it's off to the muffler shop. Thanks!!  
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2016 at 5:45AM
http://waldronexhaust.com/
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2016 at 5:48AM
Stan beat me to it, but Waldron exhaust is what you want.  Your car would have used single exhaust from the factory if you want to go back to original.

Aluminized:

Stainless:

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2016 at 6:33AM
waldron is the place to go.
Mike
snakeoilsam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeoilsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2016 at 5:47AM
COOL!! After searching their site, I found one. I could still swear I had a catalog from another place. Well thanks again for the info... Happy Motoring!!!
Brian
1934 Auburn 652Y
1967 GT500
1968 GT/CS
1971 Torino GT convertible
 Post Reply Post Reply