The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HEADS UP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HEADS UP
    Posted: 20-April-2008 at 3:14PM
HEADS UP !  I JUST FOUND SOME STAMPINGS ON MY BIG BLOCK HEADS.  THEY ARE DOVE A2A. SO ARE THESE GOOD HEADS OR NOT. ??  MY SNOW HAS FINIALY MELTED SO I CAN RESUME PROGRESS WHERE I LEFT IT LAST FALL.
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2008 at 4:58AM
DOVE heads should be the small chamber heads, good find, they'll make nice compression with flat tops and make a couple more hp ported like for like against the later model heads..

Not familiar with the A2A after the DOVE though, I've only seen the D3VE-A2A.  Make sure you have cleaned the area on both heads very well as there is a big difference in compression between the two..  (Not 100%, but those pistons look like the dished deals I had in my later model motor)

Jim 
1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2008 at 10:51AM
  OK , I THINK YOUR RITE JIM !! THESE PICS SHOULD NAIL IT DOWN.
steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2008 at 10:54AM
            iimmm STILL SSLLOOWW WITH COMPUTERS !! BEAR WITH ME
steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2008 at 11:04AM

i THINK IT COULD BE D3VE ITS HARD TO TELL, SO IF THEY ARE D3VE ARE THEY ANY GOOD ? THE PISTONS ARE FLATT AND THEY ARE MILLED FOR VALVE CLEARANCE I THINK. THE BLOCK HAS 101  AND 3 FORGED ON IT.

JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 2:36AM
Just noticed the sled type rocker bosses.  Yep, those are later (D3VE) heads, no big deal, they'll get you where you want to be just like the DOVE's unless you want to be over 650hp..  (you'll just need to do some milling or use domed pistons for some compression).  Oh yeah, unless you run a hydarulic cam, you'll want to do some additional machine work on the rocker bosses to use an adjustable setup.

So, what are you looking to build?

Jim
1976 S&H Gran Torino

460/C6/4.33 13.05@105.6

545/C6/3.56 11.52@117.8

More to come!!!!

463rwhp/495rwtq

two tons of fun

see it and hear it at:

www.torinocobra.com

www.st
steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 9:46AM
  I got these from the guy I got my 73 from, thot about a spare motor project. I still plann on using a 514 crate w-c6. Im pretty sure its not stock.
steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2008 at 10:20AM
                 OOHH YEAHH!! ?  I HAVE NEVER REBUILT AN ENGINE BEFORE ** BUT I AM FAMILIAR WITH METAL FABB & MILL STUFF, THE OLD STYLE WITHOUT CNC CONTROLLS. CALIBERS AND MICROMETERS ARE MY TOOLS NOT MEGAHERTZ.      
                      DO YOU THINK THIS BLOCK HAS POTENTIAL AND DO YOU RECOGNIZE THE STAMPINGS ON THE RODS ?  THEY ARE E210-B. THE BLOCK IS A DIVE-A2B AND I WOULDNT KNOW BY LOOKING IF THE VALVES WERE PUNCHED UOT OR NOT. SO WHAT WUOLD BE THE SIZE OF THE INTAKE & EXHAUST VALVES ON A STANDARD 460 ?
 Post Reply Post Reply