The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

timing chain cover 95 mustang - Event Date: 01-April-2016 - 01-May-2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: timing chain cover 95 mustang
    Posted: 01-April-2016 at 8:29AM
Can anyone help on what to expect on a 3.8L 6cl in a 95 mustang. I  need to get a repair manual on the removing the timing chain cover.  With the cam and crank sensor not sure what I need to do. I do not plan on keeping the car just get it running and get rid of it. Thanks The other Scott.

Edited by srwith - 01-April-2016 at 8:35AM
two loves, torino's and bike riding. drive and ride safe.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2016 at 1:45PM
check with carl (regul8r) he may know, he had a t-bird SC those had 3.8 v-6's too
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2016 at 3:29PM
Your going to need the cam synchronizer sensor tool, I'd also buy new dowels for the front cover. I thing the pan gasket is silicone IIFC. Don't unbolt the crank sensor if you don't have too, the bolts may break.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
srwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2016 at 12:21AM
I kinda figured that the sensor's were going to be a pain. I don't want to get all these tools for a one time use. New electronic stuff....... "yuck" ........
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2016 at 3:22AM
Why are you pulling the cover? Not as bad as it sounds, get a service manual (Chilton or Haynes) and follow the steps. Sensors are a minor nuisance only. Same basic engine as the 4.2 truck motor, and mine was apart more times than I want to think about. Cam sensor is a nuisance to set up right, it's like stabbing a distributor, only finickier.
IF you have a dead engine, and you were going to keep it, I would recommend a 4.2 swap. Night and day difference as far as low end torque...(I know, you said fix and flip,,,but...)
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
srwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2016 at 11:32AM
I checked compression with a push in gauge that is not that great but apx 100psi check ok. Has fuel pressure and good spark but spits back thru intake as you crank the engine. No misfire back thru but does act like a cylinder my try to fire(weak). I just figured to check the gears plus has oil leaks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply