The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - if cars were alive, this 1 died from embarrassment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

if cars were alive, this 1 died from embarrassment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: if cars were alive, this 1 died from embarrassment
    Posted: 09-August-2016 at 10:20AM
this car looks so ridiculous that its screaming for help!!!  :( :P :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282128356389?ul_noapp=true
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
bambithegreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambithegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2016 at 10:32AM
oh my... i know people have different taste... but this one stings a little..
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2016 at 10:50AM
if it was a horse it would be put out of it's/our misery  Thumbs Down  LOL
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2016 at 11:22AM
TongueTongueTongue
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2016 at 1:35PM
At least use a solid axle 4x4 setup and make it somewhat (imaginary-make-believe) useful, like the Hillbilly Deluxe Ranchero Squire that turns up for sale every year.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Grokrok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grokrok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2016 at 2:53PM
"1976 Gran Torino Elite..." Argh. Gran Torino Elite existed for only one year (74), for 75 and 76 it was just "Elite." I'll never understand this idiotic car treatment.
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2016 at 3:12PM
YEAH, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN...ive never really cared for the styling of the elite, i think the cougar is a better style, not to mention they look SSOOO much alike if you dont know the subtle differences...

but after looking at this poor example of automobile abuse, i feel sorry for the car...poor thing is embarrassed to get out on the street and play with the rest of the cars out there, so it has to stay at home in its own yard dying from embarrassment and boredom.  :P :P :P :P

californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2016 at 5:52PM
yep, this one belongs in the "ridiculous pics" thread! so much effort spent on paint only to be wasted with no door panels and those wheelsConfused
 as far as that above mentioned ranchero 4x4 i love that car but the front winch bumper needs changed to better fit and match the rest of it IMO
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2016 at 12:02AM
HEY Joe(Unloved), still looking for that NEW pimp ride(this one will leave no doubts), believe we found it here LOL. Drop one of the 5's off the price and I'd buy it(under an assumed name of course). I really don't get the whole thinking process as to why these donks are "built", spend $1000's on paint/wheels/suspension and don't even spruce it up under the hood or leave the interior half-ass(lets take pictures of this "hooptie" with the door panels off-Confused). Nothing a blue-tip wrench won't fix Wink.

Edited by aquartlow - 10-August-2016 at 12:02AM
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2016 at 2:57PM
Wow, that is...just wow. Thankfully, I have a new pimping ride - '76 Grand Prix SJ with T-tops. So difficult to type "Grand" after typing "Gran" so many years.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2016 at 5:50PM
Doing It Not My Style, or DINMS for short.

I see nothing wrong here.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2016 at 6:56PM
Originally posted by GTW GTW wrote:

Doing It Not My Style, or DINMS for short.

I see nothing wrong here.

do you wear glasses by chance? do you have them on now? LOL
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 1:51AM
It does have a great paint job, and clean interior. In all honesty, I would much rather see this car surviving in it's present form, than sitting unused in a field somewhere, or being used as a derby car. There are far worse fates for our cars than this.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 3:07AM
Neighbor just sold a 64 galaxy for the derby it was pretty rough.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 4:36AM
What are you guys talking about? It looks like it's doing one of those BAD A$$ "Dukes of Hazzard General Lee" jumps without even leaving the ground! LOL

I can hear the Duke boys now........YEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!! Wink 

Edited by gpd294 - 11-August-2016 at 4:39AM
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 4:40AM
a demo derby would at least be a honorable death, that poor elite has to linger in that state lol

Edited by MrSmog - 11-August-2016 at 4:40AM
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 10:21AM
Originally posted by gpd294 gpd294 wrote:

What are you guys talking about? It looks like it's doing one of those BAD A$$ "Dukes of Hazzard General Lee" jumps without even leaving the ground! LOL

I can hear the Duke boys now........YEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!! Wink 

Jumping that would be a sight indeed!!!
Check out the "Quality" work on covering the opera windows...
Turd brown bumpers and Chrome!Embarrassed

Randy
1979 T-Bird
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 1:01PM
LMAO!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS'S COMMENTS!!!   :P :P :P :P :P
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 1:45PM
really??? you cant see ANYTHING wrong with this poor car??? Ermm Clown Tongue
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 1:57PM
Saw a funny bumper sticker on a jacked-up 4WD redneck truck today that reminded me of this:
"We jack 'em up 'cause fat chicks can't jump"
Best part was, both people getting in the truck were Sumo-Wrestler-Sized!
Randy
1979 T-Bird
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 2:05PM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

<div abp="806"> <div abp="807">I can hear the Duke boys now........YEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!! Wink <div abp="809"> <div abp="810">

Jumping that would be a sight indeed!!!<div abp="812">Check out the "Quality" work on covering the opera windows...<div abp="813">Turd brown bumpers and Chrome!Embarrassed<div abp="813"> 
leave them poor duke boys out of this they deserve better than that! Roscoe
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2016 at 2:20PM
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2016 at 2:54AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

<div abp="806"> <div abp="807">I can hear the Duke boys now........YEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!! Wink <div abp="809"> <div abp="810">

Jumping that would be a sight indeed!!!<div abp="812">Check out the "Quality" work on covering the opera windows...<div abp="813">Turd brown bumpers and Chrome!Embarrassed<div abp="813"> 
leave them poor duke boys out of this they deserve better than that! Roscoe

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Roscoe!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Ok yall win! LOL
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2016 at 8:57AM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2016 at 10:12AM
Originally posted by MrSmog MrSmog wrote:

a demo derby would at least be a honorable death, that poor elite has to linger in that state lol

Wrong quote, but yes I wear glasses, yes I had them on when I wrote that first post, yes I have them on now. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing what you want with your property/belongings. So it isn't your style. That doesn't mean other people shouldn't be able to enjoy that style. It's not like there aren't other Elites out there either. That car was built for whoever wanted it that way and for no one else. I'm not saying I even like it much either, but I'm not going to on anyone who does.

I have a G-body Cutlass. People donk those out all the time, but I won't be, because it isn't what I want to do with MY car. I and no one else should have a problem with those who do.

Just like I'm going with the wooden spool/stretched tire/camber look on MY Torino. It's not old school, it's not the norm. It's just what I want to do with MY car, and it's not like there aren't others out there. They may be few and far between, but they made 61,000 of the damn things.

The bottom line for me is if it ain't your , don't worry about it.

Edited by GTW - 13-August-2016 at 10:12AM
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2016 at 10:38AM
Originally posted by GTW GTW wrote:

Originally posted by MrSmog MrSmog wrote:

Wrong quote, but yes I wear glasses, yes I had them on when I wrote that first post, yes I have them on now. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing what you want with your property/belongings. So it isn't your style. That doesn't mean other people shouldn't be able to enjoy that style. It's not like there aren't other Elites out there either. That car was built for whoever wanted it that way and for no one else. I'm not saying I even like it much either, but I'm not going to on anyone who does.

I have a G-body Cutlass. People donk those out all the time, but I won't be, because it isn't what I want to do with MY car. I and no one else should have a problem with those who do.

Just like I'm going with the wooden spool/stretched tire/camber look on MY Torino. It's not old school, it's not the norm. It's just what I want to do with MY car, and it's not like there aren't others out there. They may be few and far between, but they made 61,000 of the damn things.

The bottom line for me is if it ain't your , don't worry about it.

You are correct, if idiots want to make rollin eyesores out of their cars, they are free to do so. Clap
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2016 at 12:13PM
LMAO!! AMEN!!!  LOLTongueLOLTongueLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply