The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why
    Posted: 30-August-2016 at 3:10AM
Tried removing ac unit. There is a nut on underside that is hidden by the fender well It seem I will have to remove fender well to get it WHY.On a sadder note cut out floor only to realize it won't come out of car unless I cut it in half.Evonne said I am getting to old and should stop.That was after I cough leg on rad support an fell out of engine bay on my face.   
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2016 at 3:48AM
I have removed my entire evaporator/heater core case in my '79 Ranchero with my big block still installed, don't remember having to pull the inner fender to do it, but it has been a while. IIRC, the lower PS nut also holds the blower assembly and can be accessed by under the vehicle with a deep dwell 7/16" socket and 1/4" drive socket wrench(possibly a 7/16" ratchet wrench will work as well). Hope this helps. 
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2016 at 3:49AM
Oh wow that sounds painful....Maybe it's break time to gather your thoughts and re-group. Hope you are OK and good luck when ya tackle the rest of the project! Wink
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2016 at 7:08AM
    don't give up! "Do as we say...not as JOE does!!"
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2016 at 7:37AM
I reached it couple of turns and it came loose. There is a slot for that bolt.All out now to decide how to get floor out.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2016 at 8:49AM
Floorpan Tetris...
If you have trans, crossmember, driveshaft, etc. out, you should be able to lift one side and silde it up and back toward the package tray. Pull out at an angle
For instance, lift passenger side first and slide back, then pull/push driver side front first and drag it out.
Or, take the windshield out and take it up and out the front. (helps if column and dash are gone too)

Edit:
Don't listen to Johnny and the nay-sayers. Do what Joe would do.
Cut the roof off.

Edited by Big Bird - 30-August-2016 at 8:52AM
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2016 at 10:44AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

Floorpan Tetris...
If you have trans, crossmember, driveshaft, etc. out, you should be able to lift one side and silde it up and back toward the package tray. Pull out at an angle
For instance, lift passenger side first and slide back, then pull/push driver side front first and drag it out.
Or, take the windshield out and take it up and out the front. (helps if column and dash are gone too)

Edit:
Don't listen to Johnny and the nay-sayers. Do what Joe would do.
Cut the roof off.

Please post video!! LOL
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2016 at 1:33PM
no, if you're parting the car out yeah cut the roof if needed! i meant about joe... tripping and falling on your face!!! it's only funny when joe does it!!!LOL
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2016 at 12:10AM
Thats the truth my leg is not happy.Think I will try jacking it up remove trans and see if I can take it out from bottom.
 Post Reply Post Reply