The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

procomp electronics roller rockers opinions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: procomp electronics roller rockers opinions
    Posted: 12-November-2016 at 3:54PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351717061460?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Anyone use these? are these just a factory replacement bolt down and go rocker or do they require studs and lash adjustment? 1.73, is that a factory ratio?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2016 at 4:26PM
if by "bolt down and go" you mean tighten the nut at the bottom of the threads? that's for the stock lifters! most after market lifters require a zero lash adjustment (stock nuts aren't lock nuts ...so they will back off) but looking at those rockers they aren't the rail type so you would need guide plates to keep them from slipping off the sides of the valve stem! i went through this searching for some for my car i went with comp cams roller tip rockers that are similar to these but have the rails on each side of the roller tips.

this is the best pic i could find...notice how the rails are lower than the roller!!
COMP Cams Magnum Roller Rocker Arm, 1.6 , 3/8" for Sbc Block Ford 61-67 (Non
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2016 at 4:38PM
oops! i just noticed you posted this in the cleveland section...my above info would be inregards to the windsorsEmbarrassed

IIRC the clevelands use this type rocker with the square base of the fulcrum:
 so you would need to machine the heads for screw in studs and guide plates (but then you can use a full roller rocker Big smile)
Rocker Arms 351 Cleveland 351C 351M 400 Modified Ford Mercury Set of 16

Edited by californiajohnny - 12-November-2016 at 4:51PM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2016 at 5:37PM
ahh yes I see what you mean. I haven't fooled with this stuff in so long i forgot. They looked similar to some old late 60's style rockers I have seen on 302 and 351w's, so  ithought they may be a factory replacement rocker. I just want a factory replacement roller rocker if possible, had bad experiences in the past with after market adjustable rockers. The price is what caught my eye more then anything.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2016 at 6:20PM
yeah, 50 bucks caught my eye tooShocked
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2016 at 11:40PM
I have heard more "bad" stories about Pro-Comp products than good. I have used Comp Cams roller rockers and have been happy with them, Scorpion products also makes a good roller rocker at an affordable price.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2016 at 8:16AM
do you have $50.40 to flush?

make a vid i want to watch haha

seriously though, those rockers will not work in a factory stock pedestal style 351C. this auction shows what you have in there http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pushrods-Rocker-Arms-351C-Cleveland-Ford-Mercury-351-Push-Rod-/321886918373?hash=item4af1f496e5:g:BaYAAOSwnipWbLgb&vxp=mtr

notice the pedestal style fulcrum, it provides stability w/o using a pushrod guide plate by fitting into the pedestal stand cast into the cylinder head. you'll find steel fulcrums and alloy fulcrums, not sure what the criteria was for what engine got which fulcrum perhaps 4V's got the steel ones & 2V's got alloy?

Scorpion 1024 would be the stock replacement for 351C https://www.summitracing.com/parts/scc-scp1024/overview/make/ford

72 GT Ute

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2016 at 3:11AM
yea I was told the 4V's got the steel fulcrums and 2v's got the aluminum fulcrums. I am not buildin a all out race motor, will probably get a set of the aussie heads, performer intake, 750 vac sec holley, cam in the 530 lift range,either 2v or 4v exhaust manifolds and 2.5" duals with chambered exhaust system. That along with the 4 spd and some 3.70-3.91 gears with some 325/50/15 tires should be more then enough pep for what i want. I'll probably just get some steel fulcrums and call it a day, those scorpions are slick but rather spend that money elsewhere on the car.
 Post Reply Post Reply