The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Sway Bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninoford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Sway Bar
    Posted: 10-December-2016 at 7:08PM
So I found a 78 ranchero at the junk yard and it still had the rear sway bar so I snatched it up to install in my 72. Problem is I didn't take any pictures on how its mounted. It will install either way I flip it. Or does it even matter?? If anyone has a stock sway bar can yall take some quick rear and side pictures. I would greatly appreciate it.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2016 at 8:22PM
it goes with the dip down, all under the diff. i have other pics but i can't find them Confused hope this helps

JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2016 at 1:05AM
Good pic CJ!
 Hopefully the OP got ALL the brackets/grommets(especially the front end links), the chassis brackets for the end links seem to be a 50/50 mix of either being welded on or bolted on(may be a "year" thing). The brackets can be fabbed up easily if they weren't able to be removed(welded on), which is what I had to do.  
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
ninoford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninoford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2016 at 6:02PM
That picture is perfect! just what I needed, thanks!  I did snatch up all the brackets as well, they were just bolted on. I rebuilt the all the worn bushings with polyurethane as well, should be a nice addition.  
 Post Reply Post Reply