The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1974 Gran Torino

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1974 Gran Torino
    Posted: 25-December-2016 at 7:05PM
http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/Countrygent6122/media/Screenshot_20161210-033159_zpsyddd7uqa.png.html?sort=3&o=1

I am a new member and decided to join after reading post for years. I'll keep it short and just upload a pic of my 1974 Gran Torino with 65000 original miles. I went through the drive train putting back what Ford removed due to emissions in the 70's.
Richard W.
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2017 at 2:13PM
i would like to see more of it, but your pics dont show up very well.
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2017 at 4:02PM
welcome! any future plans for it?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2017 at 5:09PM
Welcome! Looks like a real survivor and a Brougham too.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2017 at 2:11PM
damn, that is gorgeous!!!!
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
Richard W. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2017 at 2:24PM
I'm about to install dimpled rotors and ceramic pads and looking hard at the Street Demon 1901 carburator but nothing to in depth. This summer I will install a new vinyl top, mine is shrinking just a little on the lower valance. I am looking for the chrome strip just below the trunk lip above the gas filler Door. I have two dents that are not repairable.

Edited by Richard W. - 03-January-2017 at 2:24PM
Richard W.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2017 at 2:30PM
Yeah, she has small dings and typical wear but this is the same paint she was born with. When I figure out how to upload more pics I will.
Richard W.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2017 at 3:09AM
Nice car Richard. Where about in Texas are ya? I think I remember seeing this car for sale on Craigslist around the DFW area.
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
torino335 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torino335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2017 at 6:49AM
very nice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2017 at 10:08AM
I'm in the Richardson area.I put it up a couple years ago and got nothing but scammers and people wasting my time. Seems everyone wanted me to give it a Starsky and Hutch paint job.
Richard W.
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2017 at 6:06PM
WELCOME to the Family!
Your profile is approved.

Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 1:06AM
Looks to be in great shape!
Matt

1969 Mercury Marauder 390
1972 Montego MX
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
1994 F-150 5.8
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 2:44AM
Originally posted by Richard W. Richard W. wrote:

I'm in the Richardson area.I put it up a couple years ago and got nothing but scammers and people wasting my time. Seems everyone wanted me to give it a Starsky and Hutch paint job.

Looks like we are neighbors. I work in Garland and live over in Rowlett. Let me know if ya ever go to any of the local shows,  I'll meet ya over there! Wink 
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 2:53AM
I actually stopped going when I realized just friends of the event won any trophies. I could personally care less about winning anything I just don't like paying an entry fee to see a falling apart AMC AMX with a Krylon paint job and a grease pit engine win the 70's division my car is in. If you know of any good events let me know.
Richard W.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 3:18AM
Originally posted by Richard W. Richard W. wrote:

I actually stopped going when I realized just friends of the event won any trophies. I could personally care less about winning anything I just don't like paying an entry fee to see a falling apart AMC AMX with a Krylon paint job and a grease pit engine win the 70's division my car is in. If you know of any good events let me know.

I know what ya mean about that. I too have experienced watching the same group of people participating at every local show voting for each other. I'm the same way about winning a trophy or not, but it is a lil annoying when folks don't even wash their car and still go home with an award. It's a hobby to me, but a way of life for some of these folks. LOL     

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 3:26AM
I like the old guy that buys a brand new Corvette, Challenger or Mustang and brings it to a car show where guys built their own cars. Then they win! Crazy. When it warms up I may get back out there to chat with all the real monkey wrenches.
Richard W.
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 3:50AM
I had that same problem went I went to shows with my 2003 Marauder. It's clean and has some nice upgrades, but the new Mustangs, Camaros, ad nauseum, that are bone stock always seem to take the "new" class trophy. Even made a nice signboard describing the relative rarity of these cars (2 year only, like the 72-73 sportsroof), but didn't make a difference. The real gearheads get it, so that's always cool.
Matt

1969 Mercury Marauder 390
1972 Montego MX
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
1994 F-150 5.8
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 9:13AM
Same B.S. around here but you learn which shows to avoid and which to go to

I can chech next time i go to that yard for that trim, i too had to replace that piece. Check the parts threads...someone was parting a car that had that piece
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 11:22AM
My father was in late great chevys car club for his region. Now I have no brand loyalty really and like em old and late model if they are unique. All his buddies had the 64-72 cars and a few 61 and up full size chevys. nice cars but so cookie cutter to me, see a million of them at all the bigger car shows and events. At the time i had a 95 caprice wagon I added all the impala ss goodies to. I did some work to the LT1, custom tune on the pcm and swapped out the 2.56 gears for 3.73's, was a pretty cool and very good runnin barge, probably low 13's. one of the guys in his club would always talk smack and is one of the typical car show snobs, had a 63 409, 4 spd car. well I caught him at the light after a show, threw revs at him until he knew he had to do somethin when the light turned green. Light turns green I hooked real good and he spun a little bit but after a 1st gear he was hooked up. I must have put about 6 cars on him by the 1/8th mile and was still pullin away hard when I let out of it at 95 mph or so. Worst of all for him was ALL his buddies saw it LOL  That was probably 12 years ago and when I recently saw a bunch of those guys ,they all ragged him like it was yesterday  lmao
Andys74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andys74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2017 at 4:17PM
Richard, your 74 looks great. I too will be redoing my vynil top on mine soon. Where can I get the trim for the vynil top? Also, where is a good place to find any parts for these cars? I have a lot of trouble finding a lot of parts for my car.
Any help is appreciated. Also, good to see another 74 like that. Here is a pic of mine. Getting closer and closer but still a long way to go. I'm also in Texas but south of you, I'm in Austin.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2017 at 4:21PM
andy what all parts you need i have lots of parts Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Andys74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andys74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2017 at 4:41PM
Mostly the chrome trim around the windshield and I guess it's the hard plastic trim around the vynil top. That's what was on it before I ripped it off but it was brittle. Not sure if that is original or of that was something that got put on when my dad had it redone a long time ago. Some weatherstripping I haven't been able to find for the doors. I lack the knowledge of what these parts are all actually called and where they go but I know if I see it. I know there are more things I need, I'll have to make a list really. I probably should be doing that already. Thanks for looking out.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2017 at 5:25PM
ok yeah make a list, windshield trim i have vinyl top trim was sold but i may be able to get some others from a yard later that should have been aluminum! the opera window trim may have been plastic?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Andys74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andys74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2017 at 6:03PM
Yeah man for sure. Sounds good. Thank you very much.
 Post Reply Post Reply