The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armrest/Console

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote havanariviera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armrest/Console
    Posted: 15-February-2017 at 8:47AM
I finally bought one of these units for my 72; the texture and color are an almost perfect match.

ninoford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninoford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2017 at 12:42PM
Great minds think alike, mine is suppose to be here tomorrow!
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2017 at 12:32AM
I've seen those, and debated about trying it. Does it seem like a quality piece?

Matt

1969 Mercury Marauder 390
1972 Montego MX
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
1994 F-150 5.8
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
havanariviera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havanariviera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2017 at 3:21AM
So far, so good - in terms of quality. It is "driver-centric" which is nice, as it opens/flips toward the passenger seat. The only enhancement I'd recommend is some sort of tension strap (or just exercising care) when opening the compartment. It seems as though excessive and careless flipping of the compartment lid will eventually weaken the bracket and cause it to dismount. The only other thing that might be of concern to a potential buyer is the cup holder size; cans fit comfortably, as does a 32 oz soda cup from McDonald's - but don't expect to put anything much larger and have it be stable. (e.g. refillable coffee tumblers and such) - overall, I'd recommend it. In my case, there were three black swatches (sent by the seller at no cost to me) to choose from - "sierra" black worked best with the factory black interior.
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2017 at 3:59AM
they have different models from that company, some have the smaller can/bottle only cup holders and some have larger ones.
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2017 at 2:31PM
What is the name of the manufacturer or distributor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havanariviera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2017 at 1:48AM
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2017 at 4:06AM
Excellent color choices. Made in the USA. Looks like they might have a match for gingerPinch. Will make the GTS a bit nicer to drive. Thanks for posting this cool product!
TorinoTime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinoTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2017 at 3:31AM
Is that shortie bench or the standard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote havanariviera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2017 at 6:26AM
the standard, not the shortie
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2017 at 3:22AM
yep i thought i could find a better console but looks like choices have gotten slimmer since the lat time I bought a bench armrest/console. I ended up gettin the same console above for my car as well. best thing I have added so far to the car, really makes it much more comfortable to drive and enjoy.
TorinoTime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinoTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2017 at 3:58AM
Thanks! They are sending some color samples to see what matches best on the console.
 Post Reply Post Reply