The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air cleaner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air cleaner
    Posted: 25-April-2017 at 4:03AM
Sorry, I just realize that this is not the correct section. Anyway, for now my post is not even visible for all... Should I move to another section or a moderator will do?

Again sorry, Im learning how to use this forum.

Hello everyone, this is my first post. In advance, sorry for my english. Ill do my best.

I got a Gran Torino 1975, recently bought. The previous owner replace the complete air filter case with only a regular air filter (no connections are there). I have seen and read something about connections that sould go to the case but, unfortunately, I dont have this air cleaner.

Searching on ebay, I have seen a lot of air filters (most of them blue, as my car used to have) and only spec I found is "351c" in everyone that are available.

My question is: is this the only specification I need to found the correct air cleaner? (the 351c) How necessary are all the things that the previous owner disconnect in order to install the new filter? of course Im intereseted in get everything back, I just wonder how bad is for my car drive in this conditions.

Thank you, I know almost nothing about cars but Im very open to learn and I want my car to be in good conditions.

Edited by AgentCooper - 26-April-2017 at 2:55AM
The owls are not what they seem
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2017 at 1:02PM
your aircleaner  depends if you have a 2bbl or 4bbl ,vacuum lines that are discounted and plugged,are not so critical ,but i would put it back as you said,that said the breather out of the passenger valve cover is one that connects to air cleaner and allows crank case vapor to be returned and can be put back on the proper cleaner   ,so get the right cleaner , locate a vacum diagram found on this site ,or in a motor manual ,but you will not harm it with out all of it hooked up , hope this helps /ANDY 
GET IT GOT IT GONE !!!!!!!
AgentCooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2017 at 5:46AM
Thank you very much for your answer. After a small research, I found that I have 2bbl. Now I will search the one I need.
The owls are not what they seem
 Post Reply Post Reply