The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:46PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:47PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:49PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:50PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2009 at 1:46PM
Worked on car most of the day today.I had to pull the right fender again because I forgot to paint the plastic inner splash shield that bolts on the inside of the fender.No biggie got it done with no drama.Also after that ran the antenna lead to the stereo reciever,installed kick panel and sill plate.Put the clock back in and the instrument bezel too.I think I 'm done with interior except for front outer seatbelts and a full vacuum and wipedown.Got the left headlight bucket on the fender and aligned in like 5 minutes!!I did it with the fender standing on end,much easier than laying on the ground fighting gravity!!Tomorrow the left fender is going on and header panel.My bodyshop friend is coming on saturday to help align everything.Also painted the tailpipe,so thats going on tomorrow too.I decided to skip the borla tips and just use the 45 degree cut tailpipe stubs I already have.More pics thursday night.Wink
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 2:41AM
Outstanding!  Do you have a target date for completion?  Can't wait!
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 5:32PM
Completion date is sometime in feb.Before end of the month to play it safe.Had a setback today,the car was up on the lift about a foot and while I was eating breakfast from my office I noticed a little puddle under the car,I was like s*** now what?It was on the drivers side and right away I thought that damn p/s box again.I was right,the top seal is leaking where the steering shaft bolts on.So I took the box out,got it on the bench and proceeded to get the seal out.Got the dust cover off,then under that is a snap ring,that came off easy also,then the seal is there.I tryied to remove the whole housing end to get the shaft out,but its a bitch,so I decided to just use a punch and hammer to pop the seal out,I got it out but under the seal is a roller bearing and one of the roller got turned sideways from my getting the seal out and its not going to get straightened out,it actually moved lower into the bowels of the box and I'm not sure how that shaft comes out of the housing.I have another box at home,so it's coming to work with me friday and I may just use the upper housing part in my original lower housing if I can't get the fubared one apart.It'll work out one way or the other.I did get the tailpipe and tips painted and on,just have to finish the hangers.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 5:36PM
The pipes will sit higher up when I get the hangers in.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 5:37PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 5:38PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 5:39PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2009 at 2:57PM
Today I got the p/s box done.I had to use the upper housing from my extra box as there was no getting to that dropped roller bearing.It's installed and painted again,but in all my determination to finish the box and get the fender on I forgot to order more p/s fluid!I'll get it in the morning.Did also get the fender on,header panel goes on in the morning.I did fire it up again to listen to it with the tailpipes on and it sounds REALLY GOOD!!More pics saturday night!Wink
GRAN1976TORINO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2009 at 3:02PM
looking great !!!!! WOWClap
GRAN1976TORINO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2009 at 3:03PM
post more pics!!!!!
capt john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2009 at 6:08PM
I'm not sure I can stand "more pics." Every time I look at them I'm not sure as to what to do first, BANG MY HEAD on the WALL or go TAKE A COLD SHOWER.   DANG she looks GOOD!!!   Keep it up.
death to tuners!
sauser676 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sauser676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 6:27AM
it looks sooo good!!! i'm really jealous!
Graham Sauser
1974 Ford Gran Torino-Starsky & Hutch Replica Resto 99% Done!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:07PM
Thanks everyone,it is really looking good!!You want more pics,here they come after today's progress.Well bad news first,the damn steering box is still leaking from the same spot,even after a new seal was put in,I even inspected the shaft to make sure there were no nicks in it,it looked good.I'm ready to take it out,toss it in the hudson river and put a rack in it!!I'm going to give it one more try with an nos upper seal kit,if it still leaks,then I'm going to go the rack and pinion route,I'm all for modern technology.I got all the bolts for the nose in and started,header panel is on loosely,but my friend couldn't make it.Probably best because now the left fender has to come off to do the steering box again,much easier that way.I did finish the exhaust in the back and had it running again,topped off the trans fluid and ran it on the lift,trans worked perfectly,just have to adjust the trans throttle pressure though.Here come the pics!!!Wink
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:08PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:10PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:11PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:13PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:22PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:23PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:25PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 1:28PM
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 4:15PM
Jesus! That is just beautiful! Keep up the great work. Any chance you're selling tickets for a test drive? LOL
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 5:05PM
Thanks,yes tickets will be available early spring,proof of license and adequate insurance required!LOL
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 5:06PM
I see this car, and it's a loaded weapon waiting to go off!

My only question, how ya going to resist the temptation to make the back tires bald?

Edited by Eliteman76 - 24-January-2009 at 5:06PM
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 5:10PM
I'm not,first time out will be sick,I want to see how far I can spin em!!
haw_y_n_merc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haw_y_n_merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 5:15PM
Awesome Ralph....soooooo  close! Wish I could be there, especially for the roll-out. You're at the fun part, as the car slowly comes to life....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>