The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dspring107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 4:42PM

Thats mississipp gulf coast. sorry! its a 73 gran torino sport 351c fastback now i need to learn how to put pic in  this thing.

Edited by dspring107 - 21-August-2008 at 2:24PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 3:27PM
Dspring107,sent you a pm for the clips.
starskyknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starskyknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 1:44AM
I think that is one pretty amazing restoration, boy am I jealous!

I had a 75 Gran Torino until Feb this year and I sold it as I was short on cash, now I'm looking for something to restore, like you are doing.

There's a few on Craigslist but as I'm in the UK it makes the buying process kind of difficult!

Can't wait to see more of your car as it comes back together!

Steven
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 5:06PM
Thats to bad you had to sell it.If your looking for a new one there's been plenty of S&H replicas on ebay lately.At least you have some protection if you buy one off of there.There are sellers that will help with overseas transport.My car is coming along,but it's been a lot of work and money.Will be worth it when its done soon.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 5:11PM
Got the headliner in today and it looks sharp!Tomorrow I do the drip rail mouldings and weatherstripping and left quarter window.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 5:12PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2008 at 5:13PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2008 at 4:01PM
Here's today's progress.I tinted the right quarter window,cleaned and painted the inner 1/4 window weatherstrip and panels and channels for the roofrail weatherstripping.Also painted the black in the drip rail mouldings.All that stuff is going on the car tomorrow.Spent 5 hours today doing that and some little stuff.Time flies when your restoring stuff!!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2008 at 4:03PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2008 at 4:04PM
Also front and rear glass is going in this week!
conard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2008 at 7:19PM
Ralph I am sorry to read that you are moving out west not so much for you but for me and your fans here. Your car looks to put it mildly BEAUTIFUL If you are going to be near the southern part of Pa. clue me in I would really enjoy meeting you and seeing your car in person One more note If you ever get the time I would be interested in any notes that you have accuminlated on the tear down and the reassembly of your torino as I am having my garage 30x40 built in a few weeks and am going to attempt what you have done next fall  Once again congrats on the Torino  Conard
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2008 at 1:03PM
Thanks for the compliments conard.I've always wanted to move out west and if I don't go now.I'll probably never get there.Went to college in denver and loved it,but now I'll be a little south in vegas.On my way out I meeting a couple of the torino guys in southern jersey nearer to pa border.I'll keep you informed on when I get set to leave,probably mid to late oct.Yeah I'll miss carlisle every year.Don't really keep any notes,but I can tell you is to bag and label all hardware and to where it goes.Ralph
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2008 at 1:14PM
Here's one pic from today.Got the left 1/4 window in and drip rail and weatherstrip.The repro sail panels look nice,but you have to trim them down some to fit right and there's no clip on the back like an original,so I had to put 2 screws in them up high to keep it attached to the metal panel behind it.Still have to do some aligning with the inner w/s bracket and side panel.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2008 at 3:32PM
Got some time in today late on the car.Put in the drip rail moulding,w/s channel,w/s,1/4 window,some of the upper headliner trim pieces and some small misc stuff.Glass is going in thursday.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2008 at 3:33PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2008 at 3:20PM
Got front and rear glass in today,starting to look like a car!Also a friend came by,so we hung the rear bumper and fillers.Also finished the headliner trim pieces and put in the sunvisors,finished sail panel adjustments.Next I move to the inside firewall,insulate it and then I can hang a bunch of parts this weekend.Pics coming tomorrow,forgot camera today.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:23PM
Here's the latest.Started insulating the firewall,but have to finish the right side.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:26PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:27PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:29PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:31PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:32PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:35PM
thought I'd throw in a pic of the new high torque starter!
GRAN1976TORINO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 8:49AM
NICE NICE NICE - N-I-C-E...NICE!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 3:47PM
Thanks GRAN.Today I finished the firewall insulation,painted the black on the taillight panel trim,cleaned and painted the e-brake and got to hang the blower and heater box.Sunday I'll secure the heater box and add some more parts to the inside firewall in preperation to putting in the dash and add a few trim parts,rear wheellip mouldings and maybe taillights if I have time.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 3:50PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 3:51PM
conard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 4:01PM
Looking good  I was showing your postings to my wife last night She contends that you must be a professional body man I say that you are just a dedicated hobiest with a fondness of torinos Which one of us are right And where did you purchace your dynamat  Thanks  ConardThumbs%20Up
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 4:02PM
Hey GRAN,you have a S&H car also?what you driving or working on?Let me/forum know.I don't remember if you posted your car or not.Ralph
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2008 at 4:27PM
Conard,your more right than her.I'm a dedicated motorhead/auto technician/ford/torino/mustang/restoration guy.I'm definitely not a body man.I have a ton of patience,but for actually painting,sanding,doing bodywork,not me.Now putting a classic/muscle car togehter like this,most everything is new,so its a lot more fun to do this.There are a lot of little things that need to be cleaned and painted,but that's not so bad.It just takes a LOT of time.The insulation is from lobucrod.com.They sell on ebay and also have thier own site.Its like half the price of overpriced dynamat and you get more of it 4'x10' roll,1/8",waterproof,mildew resistant,thick and easy to work with.I think it was $28 a roll.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>