The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2009 at 1:16PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2009 at 1:18PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2009 at 1:19PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2009 at 1:22PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2009 at 3:22PM
Recieved the a/c dryer today,it looks better than the first one,but the fittings are still slightly cocked.At least there both at the same height.We'll see tomorrow how it lines up to the condenser.Somehow I don't have a good feeling about it.
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2009 at 3:39PM
Your car looks fantastic, Ralph.  I have no doubt that you will have it figured out in no time!  Keep on pluggin'!
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2009 at 3:59PM
It does,I can't help but just stare at that fender everyday and when I can finally drive it.I think I'm going to run it some tomorrow.Still waiting on the other tailpipe.I saw you just got back from vegas.I'm jealous.Tongue
GRAN1976TORINO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 12:49PM
SMOKIN SMOKIN SMOKIN
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 5:25PM
Got the a/c dryer on the condenser today and it worked,even though the fittings on the dryer were still not at the same height as my original.It's all mounted up in the car and put the hood release bracket back on also.Going to be working on the tilt column next.My friend came by with the drivers tailpipe today and it looks good.Just had trouble getting it to slip down on the muffler end,it was a little tight.He's going to open it up a little and it should be good.Pics wed night.
dannys73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannys73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 1:25AM
Ralph,
You posted a couple days ago about the roller rockers you got from Ebay making noise.  I remember that they were red.  Did they come from Alex's.  I have been looking at some myself.  Car looks great.  Glad the AC Drier worked out as well.
Thanks,
Danny

1973 GTS Q Code Cobrajet w/ 4 Speed
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 12:44PM
Yes they were the red anodized aluminum ones.I think pro products or pro power makes them.I got them from GR8HOTRODS.COM in cali.Haven't called them yet,but I will.Thanks on the compliments.More pics later,gotta run out for a bit.Wink
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 3:54PM
Here's today's pics.As I said,condenser and dryer are in along with some of the brackets.Pic of painted right tailpipe and hanger brackets and top half of the tilt column painted and drying.Next is to take out the fixed column,I need the wiring and ignition from it for the new column.Should have a little time thurs and friday to do that and try and finish it up saturday.Wink
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 3:55PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 3:56PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 3:57PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 3:58PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 4:07PM
sauser676 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sauser676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 4:49PM
Looks Great!  i hope mine turns out as good!
Graham Sauser
1974 Ford Gran Torino-Starsky & Hutch Replica Resto 99% Done!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 1:58PM
Thanks Sauser,just keep at it!Got the other tailpipe back today and I have to say,it's a perfect match to the right one!My friend did a great job on the pair.He also brought me the rubber hangers,so I'll post some pics friday.Wink
conard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 3:38PM
Ralph That is one fine car that you are building  Best Regards  Conard
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2009 at 4:21PM
Hey good to hear from you.Where you been hiding?If you didn't know yet,I'm postponing my move till spring,end of may departure.I want to hit the ford carlisle show first weekend in june.So we can still meet up locally in southern jersey or if you can make carlisle,that would be great also.Thanks for the compliments.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2009 at 4:33PM
Here's pics of the long awaited tailpipe.I got the fixed column out today and will be working on the tilt column on saturday.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2009 at 4:34PM

Still needs paint.

starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2009 at 4:36PM
sauser676 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sauser676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2009 at 1:39PM
looks real slick!  Clap
Graham Sauser
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2009 at 12:33PM
I got the tilt column finished today and installed back in the car.I have a new lock cylinder coming for it because my fixed column one is different.Turns out there's two different ones depending on build date.Every auto parts store I deal with had the one in stock I didn't need,figures.The one auto parts store I deal with a lot called standard and they found one in virgina.So I should have it in a few days.I'll button up the instrument cluster tuesday and mount the digital tach and then I can get to the drivers fender later in the week or by saturday.Wink
sauser676 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sauser676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 1:17PM
What brand of paint did you use for the exterior?
Graham Sauser
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:33PM
I believe it's called ICI.My painter highly recommended it because it lays very well and isn't affected by extreme temperatures.I got it thru the local parts plus auto parts store.The clear is from House of Color.My painter does a lot of restoration work and custom street rods,so he's been through all the name brand paints,dupont,ppg and such,so he knows from experience what works well.How you making out with your replica?
sauser676 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sauser676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:41PM
Slow but steady, i have only been able to work on it during the weekends.  I have gutted the interior and finished re-coloring it.  Hopefully going to start sanding her down and priming her in the next two weeks.
Graham Sauser
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:45PM
Well this week is turning out to be slow at work,so more time for my car!woohoo!I was fighting with putting the speedo cable back on the cluster and it was just fighting me all the way.It would never click in all the way.So after about 20 minutes fighting it,I loosened it from the tranny and fed the slack into the interior so I could see what the hell was going on.The center cable engages in the speedo,but the outer sleeve wouldn't go any further.After wiggling it back and forth I came to the conclusion that the center cable part is to long and is bottoming inside the speedo!Thanks Auto Krafters,another quality repro partAngry.I wound up putiing a hose clamp over it to hold it on the speedo housing,there's nothing else I can do about it.So with that figured out,I hooked up the digital tach.As you'll see in the photo's I put it next to the guages,it was just to big looking on the column and I didn't want to drill any holes for it.It actually worked out well where it is because I used the bolt for the center dash support rod all our dash's have,just had to use a longer bolt.Pics of the tilt column,tach and the yellow check engine light in the dash,looks a little red in pic though.It's the low fuel economy light,see everything has a use!I'll be bringing up the left fender and header panel for wed to keep jamming on the nose.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>