The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kit Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2009 at 8:54AM
  I just noticed: The emblem in your grill is mounted one 'square' lower in the grill than the TV car. Which one is 'correct'? 
"I'm too old to grow up now!"
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2009 at 1:19PM
Thanks Sininen,castillo and kit.Does kinda feel strange that it's pretty much done now,just waiting on insurance and then get to finally drive it after 2+ years in resto.Glad it's done and it came out well.Rommy,I know your rstoring one now,hang in there and you'll get it done one day!Same to you kit just keep plugging along.Yes I recently seen an all original 76 wagon that had the emblem 1 square higher.I kinda like it where it's at.The higher one is correct factory location.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2009 at 1:24PM
I did play with both door glass today to get them adjusted better,what a pain,but I had not much else to do today,so there done and water spray tested!YAY,no leaks!Wed I'm draining gas tank and testing the sender.One cool thing about the mustang based fuel injection is that on the diagnostic test connector there is a spot for the fuel pump and when you ground it,it runs the pump,so it makes it a snap to drain the tank by just removing the hose to the filter and running it in a gas can,sweet!Wink
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2009 at 3:31PM
Today I tackled the sending unit in the tank.Drained it down and took sender out,I then maxed it out and fuel guage read just over empty.I did an ohms test on the sender and seems to check out.Reads 0 at empty and 70 ohms at full which is about right.So maybe my guage is the problem?I have two more clusters I can swap in to see how there gas gauges work.I'm going to bring them up to work tomorrow and friday I should have time to check that out.Also I did call auto krafters anyway and their backordered 6 weeks on the sending units.I also called dearborn and theirs are coming in on march 31.Hell even if I needed one I can't get one right now,hoping it's a guage issue.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2009 at 10:29AM
Had time late today to take out my cluster and sub in the cougar one to check the fuel gauge.I hooked up sender,pegged it to read full and put the cougar one in,turned the key and WALLAH,fuel guage went right to full!So my guage is shot.I did have another torino one,that onw worked fine also,but when I unbolted it from cluster,the two contacts just crumbled in the gauge,damn!So I'm gonna post if anyone has an nos one or a good used one.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2009 at 5:26AM
Castillo had a good used fuel guage for me,so I'm waiting on that.This week I'm going to retorque the control arms front and rear with a load on them and see if I can get it to sit a little more level.
351BBGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 351BBGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2009 at 3:41PM
hey ralph i know you probably mentioned this in a post but i dont really feel like looking lol. i wanted to know how much coil you cut off because i was wanting my stance to look like yours on my 73
'73 Gran Torino Sport "H" Code
Out with the Cleveland, In with the Windsor
Cleveland build in the near future
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2009 at 12:39PM
Your lazy,lol.I cut off 1 1/2 coils on a brand new set of moogs.There's probably about 3/4" fender gap.A little low for me,but I'll live with it.If I had to do it again I'd do 1 1/4 coils to get about 1"-1 1/4" gap.The rears are stock moogs,no cuts or nothing and there's about 1 3/4" fender gap.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2009 at 3:07PM
Still waiting for my insurance card,haven't gotten it yet.If it's not here monday I'll give them a call and see what the deal is.I did find an nos fuel guage from green sales,that came tuesday and got it in and works great!Just doing some more detail stuff on car till I can drive it,but I'm about out of things to do.Can you guys do me a favor and start a new topic on the springs,I don't want this to turn into a major hijack of my resto.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2009 at 12:30PM
Got my insurance card today.I called them and they said 10-14 days to get my policy,so I complained and they e-mailed me the card over.Just printed it out,so it's off to dmv tuesday,YAY!Big smile
351BBGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 351BBGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2009 at 3:36PM
would insurance be higher for a starsky and hutch replica? i really doubt but just a question. 
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2009 at 3:44PM
No,you could still insure it with a collector car company for an agreed value,but just depends on quality of the build.
1975MontegoMX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1975MontegoMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2009 at 2:05PM
Get it plated yet?
1975 Mercury Montego MX /351 M/
1986 Ford Crown Victoria /302/"5.0"
sauser676 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sauser676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2009 at 2:09PM
what did you decide on for plates?
Graham Sauser
1974 Ford Gran Torino-Starsky & Hutch Replica Resto 99% Done!
tjbooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2009 at 2:46PM
ITS A BEUATIFUL SPRING DAY TO DRIVE YOUR AWESOME CAR!!!!!!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2009 at 12:41PM
Yes I got it plated yesterday,just going with regular plates for now.I had a small setback,that damn water pump is leaking again,not only from the rear plate,but there was a drop below the weep hole!So I called up summit and ordered a edelbrock victor series pump for it,not screwing around anymore with these cheap remanned pumps.I tore it down this morning and the new  one is coming thursday,so I'll be putting it on some time tomorrow.I'll post pics of the new pump.Were getting the rains today thru friday so driving is out anyway for now.Going to go talk with the guy I know down at the alignment shop at lunch tomorrow and see if he can do it saturday afternoon.I'll be driving it soon enough,excitement has turned into being pissed at that damn water pump!lol.
tjbooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2009 at 8:19PM
ME TOO EXCEPT MY PROBLEM IS THE RADIATOR
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2009 at 12:36PM
Finished up the water pump today and just have to run it in the morning to bleed out any air pockets.The clouds are clearing here in the evening,so maybe it'll be nice and dry on saturday to take a small maiden voyage....
351BBGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 351BBGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2009 at 1:38PM
Ralph I know exactly how you feel about getting pissed off lol.  We just gotta get these little kinks outa the way so we can enjoy our rides! you on the other seem to be making more progress lol.  I want to see vids!!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2009 at 12:10PM
When crappy,low quality parts are to blame and you have to do the work over and over again,that's what steams me.If it's something I messed up,so be it,I don't nearly get as pissed.With all the rage aside,I got the car running and up to temp today,but the weather was still sucky today,that blue sky last evening was a tease,just a small break in the cloud cover,it was on and off rain all day and windy like a beeatch.So its ready to go for alignment this week,so I'll call down and maybe tuesday get it done.Damn truck starter is about dead,I need 3 more starts out of it till I get to work monday,crossing my fingers!351BBGTS,I haven't gotten a vid camera yet,but I will soon.
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2009 at 1:05PM
Ralph, update your sig. to 99.5% done!!!!
Can't wait for the Vids!!!!  Keep up the outstanding work!!!!
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2009 at 5:23PM
Whats up chris!Yes I'll update it!I still need to get the floor mats also,with a nice ford logo on them!lol.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2009 at 1:52PM
Went down to alignment shop to talk to the guy I know and were going to shoot for wed morning at 10am.Weather looks fair,just cloudy and cool,no rain expected.YAY!!Smile
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2009 at 5:42AM
Well, if it makes you feel any better Ralph, I got your letter, and will get the blades out shortly.
Also, at least you get to work. Warm weather coming up this week, and I get the joy of movine furniture Saturday, and finally getting a dead fridge out of my kitchen upstairs....this is going to be a PITA. {And NO, it's not just getting shoved off the side of my deck into the back yard. I was tempted...}
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2009 at 12:44PM
NICE update on the sig, Ralph! LOL  Keep us posted!
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2009 at 1:07PM
Made it to alignment shop today and it went well.I had a little fear of it scrapping the drive on lift,but it cleared no problem,I drove it on myself!Took about an hour or so and only one small issue,the right inner and outer tierod ends bottomed out against each other in the adjuster sleeve and we still needed more for proper toe in.We took the outer tie rod off and cut off about 1/2" of threads with a sawzall,that did the trick!Took it for a short test drive and car and steering wheel were nice and straight.The car drives really nice,it's very smooth over any kinda bumps or potholes.There's this side road next to my shop and it's been patched like a billion times,so it was the perfect street to test the ride,it's like driving a town car it's so smooth!Weather was still iffy today,as soon as I pulled it out to go to alignment shop,snow flakes started coming down!!Not many,but I was still like,you gotta be kidding!I ordered the floor mats today also and it's about 2 weeks to get them,so pics on them later.Tomorrow is supposed to be better weather,so I'm going to take a 10 mile round trip to breakin the rear.Going to do two 10 mile round trips with a 30 minute cool down in between trips.Just the a/c lines to finish,looking at saturday the 18th to do that as long as weather is decent.Smile
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2009 at 5:44AM
Hey Ralph-
great to hear.
On the AC lines...I was curious, what are you doing for that?
Copying factory, going custom, or?
I have an NOS dealer add on AC kit, and was told I can use the fittings but need newer type hoses.
Any updated pictures?
{like a nice, long smoky burnout}

Andy
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2009 at 1:22PM
Kinda going custom on the a/c lines.My a/c guy says he has all fittings in stock and were going to eliminate the accumulator can on right inner fender.It's going to be similar to andy's in hawaii,run the long line under rad to come out on drivers side.No new pics,didn't get to drive it today,had real work to do.It's going to be rainy here the next couple days,so next week I'll get that rear broken in first.Burnouts to come...
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2009 at 2:12AM
OK, well, you are running a Sanden, right?
I thought the accumulator was a required part?

Sorry, just fuzzy on the AC stuff. I plan on trying to re-route my lines out of the way.
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2009 at 12:22PM
No,I'm keeping the york compressor for now and give it a try and see how it does.I spoke withmy a/c guy about the accumulator and he said it's not necessary.Andy's guy in hawaii said the same thing about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 32>