The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 3:54PM
Today I had a little time.I did some detail work,cleaned and installed the hood release cable,don't want to have to try and push that grommet thru firewall with the dash installed!Cleaned,painted and installed the accelerator cable.Installed trunk lock and painted latch.I'll post pics of that stuff tomorrow,but the injection setup arrived!!Here's a couple of pics for now,but a full pic and write up of the injection system to come shortly!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 3:56PM
This is really sweet!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 3:57PM
Wait till you see this setup complete with rails and injectors!!
351BBGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 351BBGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 4:09PM
sweet setup man!  is that a victor series intake? that thing looks sweet.  and the fuel injection looks nice! how many cc?

Ryan
'73 Gran Torino Sport "H" Code
Out with the Cleveland, In with the Windsor
Cleveland build in the near future
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 5:12PM
Yeah its the victor jr.1000 cfm of sweet air flow.Its a progressive type throttle body which means the linkage and butterflies work like a  carb,under part throttle only the front 2 barrels are open,but mash the gas and all 4 open up!Should work very well!!
haw_y_n_merc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haw_y_n_merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 6:58PM
Absolutely unreal...your set up and hard work will surely turn heads for years to come!
I notice the picture of your evaporator, the upper line comes out and does a 180 degree turn, towards the fender.....I wish mine did that, mine turns towards the motor right over the valve cover. I noticed other pictures of diferent cars, and they are like yours, including the '75 Montego thread, and some on the "what's under your hood" thread. I think I'm the only one that turns toward the motor. It's a bummer cause i have a solid lifter cam, and I know i will be doing some adjusting...oh well.

Keep up the great work Ralph!!!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2008 at 1:12PM
Thanks Andy.Yeah its coming out well,just a ton of work,I'm being anal about everything cause I only want to do this once!Couldn't you switch evap cores and go with one like mine/earlier style?
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2008 at 1:18PM
I didn't get much done today,had to work on customer cars,the nerve of some people,wanting to me to fix there cars instead of me working on the torino!Oh yeah I do have an auto repair shop!lolIts getting to the point I don't even want to work on anything else but the torino,but have to bring in some cash flow to pay for all the shiny new parts!I think this is turning in to some kinda obsessive/compulsive disorder!Too late,I think that happened a lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago.I did get to put in all the ductwork at the end of the day and a couple small detail items on the cowl.Tomorrow I start the dash/wiring.Plenty of pics to come sat night!Wink
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 8:34AM
Ralph,

Been following your project closely as I'm in the throws of my own Striped Tomato construction (see my blog at: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/). Anyway, the reason for this message is that I'm about a week away from pulling out my dash and was wondering if you could offer up any tips, shortcut, things to watch out for, etc. Looking at it briefly today before I left the shop it looks like there are a couple bolts on each end of the dash as well as a few along the lower edge of the dash tyeing it to the various braces and brackets from the cowl area (as well as a bunch of various harnesses). Since the dash is plastic, I have already removed the glove box and door and replaced all the hinge screws to reattach the dash along the glove box opening to the underside metal reinforcement to protect the opening during removal.

Any thing you could share to make the removal go smoothly would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Will be looking for those pics later tonight! Keep up the good work... it's inspirational!

JOE

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 10:54AM
Hey Joe,I looked at your progress the other night and its looking good!I see your doing the powe seat also,as am I and power windows.I just started today putting my dash harness in and it went well,took some time to figure where everything went after being apart for 18 months.The only thing I could say is to be very careful with the dash,they are very fragile!!If your carpet is out,lay a heavy blanket across the floor because when you unbolt the dash its going to want to hit the floor.Remove the 4 heater control screws first,then push it back a little.Also remove the headlight knob and shaftand wiper knob and bezel,radio knobs and bezels.You want everything that can be loosened from the frontside loose first,then when you lower dash,it all comes out from the backside.There are a few support braces in the center,take those out first,then the end ones,2 in the cowl and one each up by kickpanels.Do the kickpanel ones first then the upper cowl ones.Support the whole dash with your leg under it,then take out the last one and gently lower it down.Its going to hang on the steering column,remove wheel if you can,then you have to start to disconnect everything from behind as the dash hangs.It comes out pretty easy,just looks like hell.You do have to remove steering wheel,because the column goes through the dash.Good luck,let me know how you make out.Ralph
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 11:51AM
Thanks Ralph!

Yeah several of the dash controls are already removed. I think the only things still installed are the HVAC controls and headlight switch. I haven't pulled my wheel yet either because I still drive my car around to the various areas of the shop to do whatever it is I may be playing with at the time. With the dash out, is the column supported well enough to still be stable enough to steer the car? I planned on pulling the wheel, removing the dash and then replacing the wheel to keep the car operational. Let me know if this is still possible or not.

Again my thanks,

JOE

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:20PM
Oh yeah it is still stable as alll the supports are still intact for the column.Just pop your wheel back on and your good to go!Are you just doing a dash swap or are you going to tear more into it?I suggest a new heater core and blower motor while dash is out.Way easier to change!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:29PM
Well,here's today's progress.There's a pic of the hood release cable and accelerator cable from yesterday.Today I first put on the front window mouldings,what a pain.Dragged the wiring harness out of the back room,blew it of with air and then spent about 15 minutes wiping it down.I knew it would take a while to install this so I stayed calm and just trugged along with it.About 4 hours later,the dash is ready to install once I hook up the heater/a.c control panel and the cable.I'm so glad I bought those ford wiring diagrams,I was constantly in and out of the car saying,"what the hell does this go to?".Got it all figured out and laid out.The wire ties will be removed once dash goes in,they are there to lay it out and kinda put it in its position.Had to also factor in the wiring for the power window harnesses as I pirated them from a 77 cougar parts car I had last year.Wink
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:29PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:31PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:33PM
Anybody know what goes in that hole below and right of the accel cable?the one to immediate right is the speedo cable hole and I already plugged column shifter hole to left.Haven't had time to go back in my pics to check it out.Thanks
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:35PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:38PM
My wiring hell!!!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:39PM
The Savior!!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 4:50PM
Sunday I install the dash.Got a friend coming to help.Just want to get that in and hook up all the bezels,radio and such.Then I'm going to go help him stab his tremec in his stang.More pics sunday night!
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 5:03PM
Ralph,

My initial hunch was the hole for the cruise control harness to pass thru, but I checked my shop manual and it shows the harness going around the top of the brake booster and down to a hole thru the firewall at about 4 o'clock. Then looking back at you picture, I don't see a hole in that location.

Going thru pictures of my car now (she's got cruise) to see if I've been able to accidentally capture a shot of the hole in question.

I'll let you know!

JOE

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 5:12PM
AMEN BROTHER to the wiring diagrams being a savior!

Has been worth it's weight in gold during all my electrical endeavors so far. I took my original set into work and scanned them and then printed out a reduced set on 17" x 22" paper (a bit more manageable size when you're crawling around in the floor or hanging over a fender or lying on your back or any of the other contortionalist positions we have to get into to perform magic) then laminated it to keep it clean as well as allow me to make notes on the thing with a grease pencil then wipe it clean when I'm done!

Keep 'em coming!

JOE

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2008 at 5:31PM
Ralph,

Don't have a shot showing the hole, but I do see the engine harness disappearing behind the cruise solenoid which is mounted at about 10 o'clock on the brake booster. Does it go directly thru the firewall or tie back into the firewall harness as it wraps around the booster down to the bulkhead connectors?

Can't get to my car until Monday evening but you'll have everything back in by then...

Sorry,

JOE

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
conard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 10:12AM
Ralph I looked at my fire wall there is a rubber gromet in that hole with two wires and a female connector grey in color I am going out to my shed now to look for thoes parts and I will try to send you a photo of my fire wall in about an hour  Conard
72BlackGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BlackGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 12:39PM
Ralph, I just checked my car (72) and the hole is there but it is plugged. There are no wires or cables. Don't know if it helps but there it is.       Ron
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 12:56PM
Thanks for looking guys.I think I remember now,my car had the rear window defroster relay mounted on the center firewall and then the 2 wire harness ran into that hole and the grommet was molded into the harness.I moved the relay to under the dash,so I'll just plug it.Thanks again for looking.More pics later tonight.Joe all the main harnesses go to the bulkhead connectors/fuse box.That's a good idea with the wiring diagrams.I like em just the way they are,so I can follow along on the wide pages.Ralph
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 2:35PM
Today the dash went in,not to bad,took some time to get all the brackets and harness routed properly.Hooked up everything but the headlight switch and heater controls and I forgot the radio knobs,also a couple small items like underdash lighting.Going to button it up over the next couple of daysWink and then power it up to check all the lights inside and I want to polish the cluster lens before it goes in.Coming along nicely,shooting for motor/trans install next weekend!
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 2:35PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 2:36PM
starsky76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsky76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 2:38PM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 32>