The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wagon rear window remote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wagon rear window remote
    Posted: 14-September-2017 at 2:18AM
I haven't been on here in ages, health issues are evil things. take care of yourselves. :)

In my idle thoughts, I was thinking how cool it would be if I could walk up to the wagon, hit a button on the key fob and make the rear window go down... drop the groceries / craigslist item / etc in the back and hit another button to make it go back up. Luxury!

turns out, it's really not that hard, and the whole assembly of stuff you need is <$30 Canadian. If you don't have a wagon and instead have a 2 door with power windows, the same kit would let you put your 2 front windows up and down with a remote.

disclaimer: I have this working with a 12V motor on the bench and a 12V battery, in theory that's exactly (electrically) the same as the car. We shall see if that holds true when this all goes in tonight.

72 Montego MX Wagon
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2017 at 2:22AM
Well I hope it all works for ya and if so, please post how ya did it. I'd like my wagon to have that function. It would definitely bring it closer to more modern comforts. Clap

AND I almost forgot...Welcome back!

Edited by gpd294 - 14-September-2017 at 2:23AM
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2017 at 2:54AM
good to be back Smile

a parts list - pretty sure this is most of it, except for a list of swear words and replacements for whatever you break. I'll post more details over the next few days/

- 8 awg wire - battery terminal to inside of the car. Overkill for just this, but I want to run a variety of other stuff too.
 - 12 awg wire - internal wiring
 - plastic grommet - drilled a hole through the firewall above the heater box, dropped this right in. Not the item I bought but this style. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Firewall-Grommet-Bushing-8-Piece-Set-2x-0Ga-2x-4Ga-2x-8Ga-2x-10-Gauge-Awg-1-0-/361217974673?hash=item541a44e191:g:xcgAAOSwNSxUyoNz

72 Montego MX Wagon
 Post Reply Post Reply