The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

73 Rear Bumper Fastback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 Rear Bumper Fastback
    Posted: 31-October-2017 at 11:34AM
Hi,

I'm from Paris, France. I'm the owner of a 73 Fastback Gran Torino Sports, a real time capsule !

I had a little accident with my rear bumper, do you know if it's complicated to remove in order to try to fixed it ? Do I need lots of tools, are there lots of screws etc..

Here are some pics to show you my "problem" :

Thanks in advance guys !

72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2017 at 12:19PM
Jessie, Its only a few bolts I believe in the trunk and maybe under the rear valance. Not hard at all. You might want to spray some liquid wrench on the bolts the day before. I'm sure if you search the forum you will find some good pics. -Rick-
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2017 at 3:04PM
The rear bumper comes off pretty easily.  It's easiest to unbolt the brackets from the body and then disconnect the wiring to remove the bumper.  It's not hard and only requires basic hand tools.  I think you'll likely have to replace that bumper though.  But that might be hard and expensive since you are in France.
You might be able to find a shop that can straighten it, but I think it'd likely need to re-chromed afterwards which is very expensive.  Yeas ago my dad found a shop that straightened the rear bumper on his F-150 truck.  It was still noticeable but okay for an old truck.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2017 at 11:51PM
Thanks for the advices Rick !
jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2017 at 11:52PM
Thanks so lot 72FordGTS !! I do appreciate.
 Post Reply Post Reply