The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOS!! Radiator leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Postma98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOS!! Radiator leak
    Posted: 04-February-2018 at 10:47AM
Looking for an oe style replacement radiator for my ‘72 montego! Im looking for one that does not have the trans cooler built in. Thanks in advance!
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 10:48AM
www.radiators.com

and i didn't even use google
72 GT Ute

Postma98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Postma98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 2:09PM
Are there no drop in Radiators with electric fans?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 5:52PM
usually they are an add-on item
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2018 at 11:29PM
I bought a Dewitt radiator for a 73 mustang, will let you know how it fit in 2  weeks

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 12:13AM
Rock Auto has a few, but looks like they all have the trans cooler built in.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/emailpagetofriend.php?nurl=%2Fen%2Fcatalog%2Fmercury%2C1972%2Cmontego%2C5.8l%2B351cid%2Bv8%2C1201824%2Ccooling%2Bsystem%2Cradiator%2C2172
Do you have a local rad shop?  A good rad shop could build you whatever you want.  Otherwise I am sure you can get an OEM style replacement from most parts stores.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 3:55AM
OE is easy, tossing E fans into the mix is quite a ways past that

it can get downright complicated including an upgraded alternator

also, you don't want a cheap fan package adding weight in the wrong places
72 GT Ute

7T9_Tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7T9_Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 6:37AM
I have a setup out of a '96 Crown Vic that looks awful close.  If I can get by my shop today, I'll try to get some measurements.
John
79 Thunderbird Heritage
79 Thunderbird Town Landau
02 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2018 at 11:24AM
Windstar dual cooling fan assembly is a good option, just about a perfect fit, I had to trim a few spots to get mine to fit and it will keep my 472 cool even with a/c, the wiring is "involved" but worthwhile to do right the first time.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
rancheromac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 8:57AM
Hey Aquartlyow, I just got on this site, nice to see you here. I tried messaging you on ranchusa. your advice on fans and wiring was excellent  this site is lucky to have you !
I am running into a problem with my new radiator/ cooling fan install. its been so long ago that I cant find the original rubber mounting brackets for radiator. Do you have any spares ? also I don't know where the other brackets go ! do you have diagram of core support ? thanks for all you help
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 11:52AM
Welcome to the forum, it is MUCH calmer climate over here with a WHOLE LOT less(if any at all) BS as compared to the "other" forum. I wish I had some spare pieces for the core support but no dice. You will find lots of great and helpful folks here without the "attitudes" that some forums thrive on. 
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
 Post Reply Post Reply